Butternut squash pansotti is a dish that is traditionally made with pumpkin. It is a pasta dish typically stuffed with ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and sage.
Butternut squash agnolotti is a type of pasta made with butternut squash. It’s a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional pasta dishes.
If you’re only going to make one filled pasta, this should be it: these triangular packets need just one fold. Serve with the sauce from Linguine with Garlic and Oil, Spaghetti with Butter and Parmesan, or Fettuccine Alfredo in Brown Butter with sage or rosemary leaves.
- 2 cups butternut squash, cooked (ideally baked)
- 2 eggs
- nutmeg, freshly grated 1/2 teaspoon
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp sugar (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Dust with cornmeal or all-purpose flour.
- 1 egg pasta recipe, rolled into sheets and kept wet with a cloth or plastic wrap
- Pass the squash through a food mill or ricer to make it pureed. Combine it with the eggs, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. If the mixture isn’t sweet enough, add a pinch of sugar. Stir in the Parmesan and season to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Using cornmeal or flour, lightly dust a flat work surface. Cut any length of new pasta dough into 4 or 5 inch broad sheets, working with a few sheets at a time. Cut the squares into 2- to 2-and-a-half-inch squares. Brush the dough with a little amount of water to help it hold together as you form the pansotti. Fill each square with a rounded teaspoon of filling and fold in half to form a triangle, pressing firmly to seal the sides. Place the pansotti on cookie sheets, sprinkle with cornmeal, and keep them separate until ready to cook. (At this stage, the pansotti on the cookie sheets may be refrigerated for up to a day or frozen for up to 3 months.)
- Bring a big saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook the pansotti for a few minutes at a time, around 30 at a time, until they rise to the top. Immediately drain, sauce, and serve.
- Pansotti with Sweet Potatoes
- Boiled and sautéed with extra virgin olive oil and pecans or walnuts (see Linguine with Garlic, Oil, and Nuts for the technique): Omit the sugar and replace the butternut squash with cooked sweet potato.
- Pansotti with chestnuts.
- Perfect with the sauce from the Butter and Parmesan Spaghetti: Butternut squash may be replaced with roasted, peeled, and crushed chestnuts. If desired, stir in 3 tablespoons chopped shallot or onion with the eggs.
- YIELDS 4 SERVINGS (about 60 pansotti)
- WITH PREPARED PASTA SHEETS, TIME: 1 1/2 HOUR
The biaggi’s butternut squash ravioli recipe is a dish that has become popular in the last few years. Butternut squash is used to make this dish, and it can be served with a variety of toppings.
- shrimp and butternut squash ravioli
- butternut squash menu
- recipes with butternut squash
- butternut squash mascarpone ravioli
- love butternut squash ravioli