Chicken Kabobs – Easy Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
Chicken kabobs are an easy way to cook chicken and vegetables. They are typically made with pieces of chicken, vegetables, and spices. Kabobs are a great way to grill chicken for a crowd or bring to a party and they are also a great choice if you are looking for healthier alternatives to meat on the grill.
Summertime grill up some kabobs. You can make quick and easy Chicken Kabobs with vegetables.
Grilling season is upon us, and we’ve been getting some great ideas from our readers who are using Pinterest to pin their favorite grilling recipes. This recipe takes two of our favorite foods – chicken kabobs and vegetables – and puts them on the grill. It’s quick, easy, and delicious. You could use other vegetables like red onion and mushrooms, but we think this is one of our best chicken kabob recipes.
Chicken Kabobs – Made in the Mediterranean manner with the finest marinade ever (olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and other spices) and cooked to perfection, these grilled chicken kabobs are extremely delicious, tender, and juicy.
Greek chicken kabobs with fresh summer veggies are a wonderful and refreshing summer dinner. Tender and juicy chicken interwoven with vegetables that can be prepared ahead of time or combined at the last minute for a great evening dish.
How Do You Grill Chicken Kabobs?
The first step is to marinate the meat, which is the most essential step that you cannot miss since it is the secret to the juiciness and flavors that penetrate the meat. The marinade for chicken kabobs is easy to make: mix together the marinade ingredients, throw in the chicken and vegetables, and let aside for at least an hour.
Now thread the marinated chicken and vegetables onto your skewers, place them on the grill, and cook for 5-10 minutes on each side, and your grilled chicken kabobs are done.
Prepare the chicken for the kabobs ahead of time.
In this recipe, I used chicken thighs, but you may use boneless skinless chicken breasts instead, but bear in mind that they will dry up more rapidly than thighs when grilled.
- Thaw the chicken before cutting — cutting through the core of frozen chicken will be tough.
- Make enough room for the skewers to pass through – you may cut through the chicken pieces with a sharp knife.
- Before cutting, remove any excess fat or skin from the chicken and chop it into even pieces.
How long should the marinade for the chicken kabobs be kept?
I strongly advise marinating for at least 30 minutes to an hour. The longer you store it, the more taste it will have. Soak up as much chicken and vegetables as you can for up to 8-12 hours.
How Long Do Chicken Kabobs Take to Cook on the Grill?
Cooking time may vary depending on your grill’s temperature, but in my experience, the optimum duration is 10-15 minutes overall. Furthermore, keep a careful watch on the kabobs when grilling since the chicken has already been chopped into tiny pieces, and chicken skewers cook much faster than entire chicken breasts.
What Should You Serve with Chicken Kabobs?
Serve with hummus and a side salad, rice pilaf, chopped salad, sweet potato fries or potato wedges, macaroni or fruit salad, tomato cucumber salad, and avocado salad, to name a few.
Kabobs of Grilled Chicken
These grilled chicken kabobs are extremely delicious, tender, and juicy, and they’re prepared in the Mediterranean way with the greatest marinade ever, which includes olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and other spices, and they’re cooked to perfection.
15 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thickly
- cut into thick slices bell peppers
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- a half teaspoon of cumin
- paprika, 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon
- salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- a half teaspoon of turmeric
- Oil is used to grease the grill.
- Metal skewers or wooden skewers
- Combine olive oil, cinnamon, garlic, turmeric, paprika, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix in the chicken pieces until thoroughly mixed, then place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Grease the grill or grill pan with vegetable oil and preheat to medium-high heat.
- Thread the chicken and veggies onto the skewers and drizzle with any remaining marinade.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes on the grill, or until completely cooked and golden brown. To ensure uniform cooking, turn the skewers.
- Serve with rice or salad after removing from the grill.
Still famished! Other chicken dishes to try:
So, guys, I hope you like this grilled chicken kabobs dish that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for grilled chicken kabobs with veggies. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you grill kabobs without burning vegetables?
You need to use a grill brush.
How do you make Jamie Oliver chicken kebabs?
Jamie Olivers chicken kebabs are made by mixing together a can of chickpeas, a tin of chopped tomatoes, and some herbs. The mixture is then coated in olive oil and baked in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Can you prepare chicken skewers in advance?
I am not programmed to cook, but I can prepare chicken skewers in advance.