This is a new type of fish. It tastes like a fish. It looks like a fish. It swims like a fish. But it’s not a fish. It’s a Chilli fish. It started out as a joke years ago, but people really like it. A lot. So much so, that they stopped buying it. So I threw it into the shop.
Chilli is a dish that is usually associated with an Indian meal, but this simple fish recipe is just as easy to prepare at home!
Chili fish is a delicious snack that can be made by coating fish fillets in a strong chili sauce. Since fish is often served as a main dish, the fish is usually a white fish like sole or mahi-mahi. The chili fish is usually eaten for breakfast, and made by first coating the fish in a very thin layer of sauce.. Read more about thai chilli fish recipe and let us know what you think.
Another famous Indo-Chinese cuisine is chilli fish, which may be served as a starter or a side dish. When I first had it in a restaurant, I was blown away by the flavor; the fish was so delicate and delicious that it quickly became one of my favorite dishes. Any boneless firm fish, such as cod or tilapia, may be used. Chilli fish is made by marinating the fish, deep frying it in oil, and then adding a spicy sauce to it. I made this chilli fish dry, rather than gravy, however if you like gravy, add additional sauces and water with corn starch when frying. I used tilapia fish, but you may use whatever solid fish you have on hand.
Time to prepare: 45 minutes (including marination time)
Time to cook: 30 minutes
- 150 to 170 gms tilapia fillets, cut into tiny pieces
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (chopped)
- 1 tbsp maida (all-purpose flour)
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green chilies (small, sliced or chopped)
- 8 to 10 cashewnuts (chopped)
- 2 pinches or 1/4 teaspoon Chinese salt or MSG
- 2 tsp red chili paste
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water, and another 1/3 cup later
- 2 sliced or chopped spring onions
- Optional corn starch: 1 tsp corn flour + 50 ml water
- 1/4 red capsicum (chunky chopped)
- 1/4 cup green capsicum (chunky chopped)
- 1/4 onion (chunky sliced)
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- Taste and adjust the amount of chilli paste.
- To create the chilli paste, soak dried chilies or Kashmiri chiles in boiling water for 2 hours before grinding to a smooth paste.
- In this chilli fish dish, I used dark soy sauce.
- Cook the sauce well and add the veggies just before serving to preserve the vegetables crisp.
- You may enhance the sauce’s volume by adding more ingredients. Before adding the veggies and fish, do a taste test to see if any spice is needed.
I’ve never really been a fan of fish, but I do like chilli. I was looking for a new fish recipe, but couldn’t find any good ones. I came across this recipe for chilli pepper fish, and decided it was worth a go, but it turns out I was wrong. This fish was delicious – and I’m not the only one that thinks that.. Read more about pan fried chilli fish and let us know what you think.