Cocido Recipe (Mexican Beef Soup)
*Monetary compensation for this review will be sent to the blog owner.
A traditional Mexican dish that dates back thousands of years, cocido is typically made with leftover brisket from the day before, and is a great way to use up leftovers. Serve with rice and a simple salad for a complete meal.
The traditional Mexican dish of Cocido (also known as “cullo”, “cullitos”, “cullidos”, and “cullitos de carne”) is an inexpensive and nourishing meal. It is made by stewing the meat in a pot with various aromatics and vegetables which are chopped and cooked in the broth. The most popular versions of the dish are the Shiitake, the Caballo, the Pinto, and the Pollo; however, the recipe can also be made with any type of meat.. Read more about spicy mexican beef soup and let us know what you think.
Cocido Recipe is a colorful and hearty beef and vegetable soup, often known as Mexican Beef Soup. The Cocido Soup is a popular meal in Mexico, and it may be found in any season. The dish provided here is simple to make, and if you follow the directions, you’ll have a substantial and tasty dinner with crisp, soft veggies and meat. The wonderful Mexican Rice, fresh salsas, and traditional Homemade Corn Tortillas may all be served with the Cocido Soup Recipe.
Mexican Beef Soup was another name for the Cocido.
The Cocido Ingredients
Recipe for Cocido (Mexican Beef Soup)
Laura is the author.
Soup is the kind of recipe.
- two quarts of water
- 3 pound piece of beef shank
- 12 slices of white onion
- 3 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 big peeled carrots, cut into pieces
- 2 big ears of corn, husked and sliced into 12 inch slices across the cob
- 2 medium red potatoes, quartered and scrubbed
- 1 celery stalk, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 13 head chopped green cabbage
- 2 zucchini, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 13 cup cilantro leaves, fresh
- Season with salt to taste.
- To taste, add hot sauce.
- In a saucepan of water, start cooking the meat.
- Skim the contaminants from the surface as needed when the water reaches boiling point.
- Combine the onion and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for approximately 2 hours, or until the meat is soft.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the potatoes, corn, carrot, cabbage, and celery. Cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook for just a few minutes longer, until the zucchini is tender-crisp.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cilantro leaves.
Recipes for Cocido
- Fresh vegetables and herbs are essential for maintaining taste quality.
- After brushing or sponge-cleaning the fruit, disinfect it for 15 minutes. Rinse them and let them air out before using them in the recipe.
COCIDO RECIPE NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR SOME INGREDIENTS
- Phosphorus, vitamin A, C, B6, and fiber are all abundant in carrots. Its nutritious value aids in the improvement of eyesight and the maintenance of healthy skin. It is an antioxidant that is beneficial to the digestive system and general health.
- Vitamin C and potassium are found in celery. It works by removing liquid pollutants from the body.
- CILANTRO enhances and strengthens the function of the urinary valve.
- GARLIC is one of the most valuable herbs, with many nutritional advantages for human health. It has been shown to strengthen teeth and gums as well as alleviate the symptoms of rheumatism. It helps to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the arteries.
A word of warning before you start: the ingredients list on a typical cocido recipe may look a bit daunting. Don’t be discouraged—this is an excellent dish that you can easily make at home. A cocido is a beef soup that is usually served in Mexico during the summer months. The base of the soup is usually prepared with a pound of beef called carne asada. The soup is then garnished with a sprinkling of cheese, onion, and other ingredients, such as potatoes, parsley, and tomato.. Read more about caldo de res origin and let us know what you think.