Everything KETO At Carl’s Jr. (and Hardee’s) In 2021
Fast food chains are always looking for ways to get you to eat more. It’s the nature of the business; they make money by selling you things, and they know that the more you eat, the more money they make. What better way to do this than by creating products that appeal to our palettes? That’s exactly what Carl’s Jr. did with their “Ketchup Thickburger” and “Steakhouse Double Cheeseburger.”
You’ve heard it before, you can lose weight and keep it off by eating right and exercising. You’re probably wondering where to start. What about the carb-heavy diet? Well, that’s no longer a problem. We’re well into the high carb era of the future. If you want to lose weight, we’ve got carbs for you. Even better, the ketogenic diet is no longer just for those with diabetes or metabolic disorders. In fact, it’s the perfect diet for everyone.
Not too long ago, the keto diet was all the rage. People could lose weight and be fit by following a low carb/high fat eating plan, and it was often said that you would need to eat at least 1,000 calories per day to maintain your weight on a ketogenic diet. Now, it’s even easier to find restaurants that offer keto-friendly options; they’re popping up all over the place.
If you like Carl’s Jr., also known as Hardees, you’ll like this list. We’ve planned out your breakfast, lunch, and supper so you can stick to your Keto diet at Carl’s Jr! You won’t have to worry about fast food establishments running out of keto choices any longer.
At Carl’s Jr., Here’s How to Eat Keto
Dining keto may be as simple as eating at any other fast food restaurant if you know what to avoid on the normal menu. When ordering low-carb foods, the trick is to make sure you receive enough calories for your money. Here are some suggestions for turning Carl’s Jr. products into keto-friendly choices while still getting a decent deal.
- Tell them you want it low carb – first and foremost, make sure you don’t want a bun. By asking them to make your dish “low carb,” you’re signaling to the kitchen that you prefer a low carb/keto diet.
- No bread or tortilla- Begin your order by specifying that you do not want a bun or tortilla. The majority of products have a primary carb that adds to the overall carb count. You may get a lettuce wrap with your burger. In a bowl, you may have a burrito or a croissant.
- Skip the ketchup–most ketchups in the original type include high fructose corn syrup or sugar. It’s possible that each tiny package has 3-5g of sugar and carbohydrates. You may use mustard instead of regular ketchup or bring your own sugar-free ketchup.
- Sauce on the side– Not only does this assist with calorie management, but it also helps with total carb control. Extra sugar and hidden carbohydrates may be found in certain burger sauces and salsas. So you still have a dressing, but one you can control the amounts of, ask for sauces on the side.
- Skip the fries– I know it’s tough, but most side dishes, such as fries, hash browns, onion rings, and so on, are breaded and high in carbohydrates. Rather, request a side salad with a keto-friendly dressing like ranch.
Now that you know how to order fast food, you’re ready to learn which Carl’s Jr. choices may be turned low carb and keto. Let’s go to breakfast now that it’s out of the way!
Keto Breakfast Options at Carl’s Jr.
Without a doubt, the greatest lunch of the day. Whether you fast or just like fast food, everyone will eat a “break-fast” at some point. The Hardees menu offers a broad range of low-carb choices. Based on the information provided above, you should be able to order like a pro in no time. So, here are some possibilities:
Breakfast Sandwiches and Biscuits
Unfortunately, although freshly baked biscuits are wonderful, they are not keto-friendly. Begin by requesting no bun/tortilla, then choose from the following options:
Keto Food List (FREE PRINTABLE)
Join 150,000 people who have already gotten a FREE keto food list and fresh recipes every week!
- Introducing the Monster Biscuit The giant biscuit is the big meal for all you breakfast sandwich fans: layers of ham, eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese. This will be the most cost-effective breakfast sandwich without a bread. While the giant biscuit costs a bit extra, the quantity of food it contains is incredible. There are two or three eggs worth of scrambled eggs within, as well as a full sausage patty. Without the bun, the macros are: 560 calories, 48 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbohydrates, and 29 grams of protein.
- If you want a breakfast sandwich but are on a low-carb diet, try this loaded omelet without the biscuit, a fluffy omelet that tastes even better without the bread. Scrambled egg layers with crumbled sausage, bacon, ham, and cheddar cheese. Get all the delicious sausage stuffing without the carbohydrates by ordering in a bowl. 240 calories, 15 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbohydrates, and 13 grams of protein per omelet without the biscuit
- The Breakfast Burger is a charbroiled beef burger with crispy bacon, egg, American cheese, and Hash Rounds® on the menu. However, if you want to make this keto-friendly, ask for no hash rounds, no bread, and no ketchup. 550 calories per breakfast burger (without sauce, bread, or hash rounds) / 40 grams of fat / 8 grams of carbohydrates / 30 grams of protein
Burritos for Breakfast
- Prime Rib Egg Tortilla — A fluffy egg burrito topped with delicious prime rib and cheddar cheese. If you don’t want the shell, this breakfast burrito becomes much more keto-friendly. This prime rib loaded breakfast burrito bowl has a substantial quantity of food. Each burrito’s macros BOWL: 470 calories, 36 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbohydrates, and 30 grams of protein
- Another no-shell breakfast burrito that may be prepared in a bowl for simple eating is the steak and egg burrito. Steak, two eggs, and cheese are combined in this egg burrito, which is topped with salsa. To increase the fat content of this dish, Carl’s Jr offers guacamole and sour cream. The delicate, flavorful beef pairs well with a fluffy scrambled egg. You can even order a double steak if you’re feeling brave (there is an extra change though). No guacamole or sour cream per burrito: 430 calories, 31 grams of fat, 8 grams of carbohydrates, and 30 grams of protein
While the keto diet doesn’t include Carl’s Jr’s original biscuit or a large breakfast sandwich, there’s little question that these high-fat foods will keep you satisfied until lunchtime. We can now go on to lunch now that we’ve cooked this substantial breakfast.
What is Keto at Carl’s Jr for Lunch & Dinner?
You’ve made it halfway through the day, and it’s time to eat! Carl’s Jr. offers a variety of lunch choices to suit a variety of keto diets. While lettuce-wrapped breakfast sandwiches aren’t the greatest, wrapped burgers are excellent! You may save a lot of carbohydrates and calories by having any sandwich or burger lettuce wrapped. We’ll go through the finest burger, sandwich, and salad choices, as well as what to stay away from. You’ll know which low-carb dish to order the next time you visit Carl’s Jr.
Burgers on the Menu
As previously mentioned, Carl’s Jr. makes a lettuce wrap, so don’t be scared to ask! Iceberg lettuce is often used in lettuce wraps, and it holds up nicely. If you don’t want your burger lettuce wrapped, just ask for it without a bun or on a salad. The original double cheeseburger is obviously a classic, so if you want one, simply order it without the bread. We wanted to offer you a few more entertaining choices, so here are some of Carl’s Jr’s finest low carb/keto burgers:
- The Guacamole Bacon Thickburger is a new burger with guacamole and bacon. This isn’t your typical burger, even if it is a double cheeseburger. This thickburger with guacamole and bacon is a monster… Carl’s Jr.’s house-made Santa Fe Sauce, bacon, Pepper Jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and a 1/3 pound angus beef patty This guacamole bacon thickburger is packed with beneficial keto fats. I don’t know what will entice you more than guacamole bacon burgers! Also, don’t forget to get the guacamole bacon thickburger lettuce wrapped guacamole bacon thickburger. 740 calories, 44 grams of fat, 9 grams of carbohydrates, and 39 grams of protein per 1/3 pound of guacamole bacon thickburger lettuce wrap
- Jalapeo Thickburger Lettuce Wrap– This jalapeo thickburger lettuce wrap is perfect for people who like a spicy thickburger. It’s a 1/3 pound Angus Beef burger with Pepper Jack cheese, jalapeo coins, and Santa Fe Sauce on top. This beef patty has a pleasant bite when stuffed inside an iceberg lettuce wrap. This jalapeo thickburger lettuce wrap pairs well with Santa Fe Sauce, which is a bit smoky and a little spicy. Plus, since the jalapeos aren’t fried and crunchy, they’re completely keto-friendly. Each thickburger lettuce wrap burger has 650 calories, 44 grams of fat, 12 grams of carbohydrates, and 43 grams of protein.
- Monster Angus Thickburger– Because the burger is mostly meat, this is a low-carb choice. If you’re in the mood for some lettuce, consider the thickburger lettuce wrap for a little additional nutrition. But, let’s face it, it’s only iceberg lettuce, so we may as well forego the thickburger lettuce wrap and focus on the meat. It has two 1/3 pound angus beef patties, four pieces of crispy bacon, three slices of American cheese, and mayonnaise on top. There are 1050 calories in each burger, with 86 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbohydrates, and 49 grams of protein.
As I previously said, the double cheeseburger is completely keto and low carb, but we wanted to add some variety to your choices. If you really want a double cheeseburger, simply leave the bread off the order and you’ll be OK. To economize on carbohydrates, wrap everything in lettuce or put it in a bowl. You may even request a double patty if you want even more fat. Now it’s time for some sandwiches!
Menu of Sandwiches
Sandwiches are an excellent way to mix up your protein sources. If you frequent Hardees, it makes more sense to eat hamburgers on occasion and chicken on others. Carl’s Jr. offers a choice of low-carb sandwiches; just request one without the bread. Here are a few of our favorite sandwiches:
- Charbroiled Chicken Club– A grilled chicken breast is topped with bacon, mayo, tomatoes, and gooey Swiss cheese in the Charbroiled Chicken Club sandwich. You can save approximately 180 calories and 28 grams of carbohydrates by opting for a low carb version or an iceberg lettuce wrap instead of the charbroiled chicken club. There are 340 calories in a low carb chicken sandwich, 22 grams of fat, 13 grams of carbohydrates, and 24 grams of protein.
- Charbroiled Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich– Charbroiled chicken breast, melted American cheese, mild green chilis, lettuce, and Santa Fe Sauce are all packed into this grilled chicken sandwich. You may also add red onion for a great crunch if you’re not on a strict keto diet. The Santa Fe sauce and creamy American cheese work nicely together. Simply state that there will be no bread and that the sandwich will be lettuce wrapped instead.
- Crispy Chicken Fillet Sandwich with Bacon and Swiss Cheese– You may substitute grilled chicken for crispy chicken at most Carl’s Jr. locations. Simply request grilled chicken and lettuce wraps from the attendant.
These low-carb chicken sandwiches provide additional protein without adding too much fat, making them ideal for calorie counting. Look at the menu to see what sauces are on each sandwich and then order them separately. This manner, you can keep track of how much you eat and prevent consuming too much inflammatory vegetable oils. In summation, stick to the meat-heavy sandwiches and get them all without the bread and with the sauces on the side.
Carl’s Jr. has Keto Salads and Sides.
If the sandwich and burger menus don’t appeal to you, there is one lighter menu choice to consider. The modest salad is this menu choice. I’ll show you how to personalize the salad so it’s not boring or something you don’t want to eat. In fast food, a menu serves as a foundation upon which to develop.
- Charbroiled Chicken Salad– At Carl’s Jr., the charbroiled chicken salad is the most popular grilled chicken salad. On a bed of Iceberg lettuce, it includes red onion, tomato, a 4-cheese mix, and croutons. A House or Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing is available. Instead of croutons, we suggest choosing ranch as a high-fat alternative. 310 calories per salad (without dressing), 34 grams of fat, 7 grams of carbohydrates, and 32 grams of protein
- Salad de Tacos (novel) – For all of my ground beef fans, here’s the salad. You have the option of steak, ground beef, or chicken. In a crispy flour tortilla bowl, there’s a four-cheese mix, spicy sauce, guacamole, pico de gallo, crema, and cotija cheese. Instead of a shell, get one in a dish for a wonderful taco/burrito bowl. Cheese and guacamole are two high-fat foods that are ideal for a keto diet. If you prefer a burger salad, you may even ask for just a beef patty on top instead of the other meats. We suggest the steak or even a double dish of steak if you want the greatest protein to fat ratio.
If you know how to personalize fast food to your taste, you may have a lot of choices. Simply asking for Pepper Jack cheese instead of American cheese or using mayo instead of Santa Fe sauce are two excellent ways to create your ideal new burger. The menu is entirely up to you… Oyster?… So go ahead and be naughty with it!
Toppings for the Menu:
- Mayonnaise has 50 calories, 5 grams of fat, 0 grams of carbohydrates, and 0 grams of protein.
- 40 calories per slice of American cheese, 3.5 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbohydrates, and 2 grams of protein
- 2 slices bacon: 150 calories, 11 g fat, 0 g carbohydrates, 10 g protein
- Mustard has 5 calories, 0 grams of fat, 0 grams of carbohydrates, and 0 grams of protein.
- 2 rings red onion: 5 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbohydrates, 0g protein
- Iceberg lettuce has 0 calories, 0 grams of fat, 0 grams of carbohydrates, and 0 grams of protein.
- Pickles (3): 5 calories, 0 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbohydrates, and 0 grams of protein
- Tomato (1 slice): 5 calories, 0 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbohydrate, and 0 grams of protein
If you’re uncertain about anything, go to the Hardee’s website for additional information.
Carl’s Jr. Keto Foods to Avoid
While Carl’s Jr has a lot of low-carb menu choices, certain items can’t be turned low-carb. To maintain a low-carb diet, stay away from the following fast food menu items:
- Anything that says crispy, fried, or battered on the menu is a winner. Typically, this implies breaded with wheat flour, which is high in carbohydrates.
- Fries and Onion Rings- It should go without saying that potatoes and fried onions are not keto-friendly. The onion rings are made using batter (wheat), which is high in carbohydrates. A serving of simply kids fries has 31 grams of carbohydrates. A small package of fries, on the other hand, contains 39g.
- Ketchup- Carl’s Jr. isn’t the only fast food joint that sells ketchup. On the other hand, you shouldn’t consume regular ketchup if you’re on a keto diet. It may be prepared with sugar or, even worse, corn syrup, which is increasingly prevalent in fast food chains. There are new sugar-free keto and low-carb varieties on the market, but you’ll have to bring your own ketchup.
Hopefully, this helped you dissect the menu and figure out what constitutes your ideal breakfast, lunch, or supper. Carl’s Jr., the well-known star, or super star, as some may refer to it, may be completely keto!
If you’re looking for more restaurant guides, go here.
Here are some of our favorite fast food restaurant guidelines if you’re searching for additional keto and low carb choices on the go.
- When you’re wanting American Mexican cuisine, go to Taco Bell.
- Chick-fil-A — Delicious chicken sandwiches and the friendliest staff you’ll ever meet!
- McDonald’s – Need I say more? It’s an American institution.
- Starbucks is the most well-known coffee establishment in the United States.
- One of the healthiest takeaway choices is Chipotle.
- Buffalo Wild Wings is the greatest place to get chicken wings!
If there are any additional tutorials you’d like to see us make, please let us know in the comments section below.
Since Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s are owned by the same company, they have a tendency to carry similar menu items. It seems though that the franchisees are following the Keto diet. However, most of us have yet to know about it. So, this blog will be about everything Keto at Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s in the year 2021.. Read more about hardee’s low carb burger price and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Hardees have anything keto friendly?
Hardees has a few keto-friendly options, but they are not the best.
Does Carls Jr Do lettuce wrapped burgers?
I am not sure.
Do Carls Jr and Hardees have the same menu?
Yes, they both have the same menu.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- carl’s jr lettuce wrap
- carl’s jr lettuce wrap burger carbs
- hardee’s low carb menu
- carl’s jr low carb chicken club
- hardee’s low carb burger price