Gobi manchurian recipe | Cauliflower manchurian | How to make gobi manchurian
Gobi Manchurian is a Chinese fried vegetable dish, made with cauliflower and fried in a spicy sauce. It is usually served as an appetizer or side dish.
The baked gobi manchurian is a delicious Indian dish. It is made of cauliflower, which is deep fried and then coated with a spicy sauce.
One of the most famous manchurian dishes in Indo-Chinese cuisine is gobi manchurian, which consists of crispy, fried gobi florets cooked in a spicy, delectable manchurian sauce. This dry sweet and sour gobi manchurian dish, also known as cauliflower manchurian, is simple to prepare at home. You will learn how to prepare gobi manchurian in this article.
This gobi manchurian dish includes two popular variations: one is a gravy version, and the other is a dry one. Though both of these manchurian recipes are almost identical and may be readily prepared at home.
Note: If you’re in a hurry, you may verify your chosen subject by clicking on the following links. Continue reading if you want to see our step-by-step recipe preparation.
What is the meaning of Gobi Manchurian?
Gobi manchurian is a famous Indo-Chinese dish in which cauliflower florets are marinated in cornflour and spices before being cooked in oil and then tossed with sweet and sour manchurian sauce.
What’s a good side dish with gobi manchurian?
If you make dry gobi manchurian, serve it as an appetizer, or if you make gobi manchurian gravy, serve it as a side dish with fried rice and noodles as a main meal.
If you like indo-chinese cuisine, you should try this:
Recipe for Crispy Cauliflower Manchurian with Tips
- Crispiness: To get the ideal crispy cauliflower manchurian marinade gobi, use breadcrumbs or cornflakes as directed below.
- Perfect Temperature: Fry gobis on medium flame to obtain perfectly crispy gobi manchurian. If you fried in a high heat, the gobi will burn on the exterior and be undercooked on the inside, and if you fry in a low flame, the gobi will not become crisp.
- Without using any expensive food coloring, just add high quality kashmiri red chili powder, which is readily accessible in your cupboard, to get a vivid hue comparable to that of a restaurant-style gobi manchurian dish.
Also, have a look at our recipe collections:
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
What is the best way to make gobi manchurian?
The entire gobi manchurian dish is divided into three sections.
The first is preparing gobi manchurian, while the second is frying cauliflower.
The last step is to make gobi manchurian gravy.
So, let’s get started.
Cauliflower Manchurian Recipe Preparation
1. In a deep pan, add water and marinate cauliflower or gobi florets for the fundamental preparation of cauliflower manchurian dish.
2. Add 2 tsp salt and vinegar to the water and bring to a boil.
3. In this heated water, toss tiny chunks of cauliflower.
4. In a medium to high heat, cover the pan and cook the gobi for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Finally, turn the gas off.
6. Using a clean cotton towel, drain the cooked cauliflower.
7. To marinate the cauliflower, combine 3 tablespoons cornflour and 3 tablespoons maida in a mixing dish.
8. Add 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
9. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt.
10. Finally, combine everything.
11.Toss in the boiling cauliflower into the mixing bowl.
12.Mix the cauliflower with the other ingredients without adding any water.
13.Add 2 to 3 tablespoons bread crumbs or cornflakes to create crispy cauliflower manchurian.
What is the best way to create crispy gobi manchurian?
1. In a deep bottom pan, add 50 to 100 ml oil to create crispy gobi manchurian.
2. Add the marinated cauliflower to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat.
3. After that, turn each piece and cook on the other side.
4. Turn off the heat when all sides of the cauliflower are golden brown.
5. Remove the fried cauliflower from the pan and absorb any leftover oil with kitchen paper towels.
How to make a recipe for gobi manchurian gravy
1. In a pan, heat 4 to 5 tbsp oil for the cauliflower manchurian sauce.
2.Then add 1 tbsp ginger garlic, diced, and cook over medium heat until the raw scent goes away.
3.Toss in 3 tablespoons spring onions 2 to 3 chopped green chilies, cooked over medium heat until transparent
4.Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of red chili sauce.
5.Add 1 tbsp soy sauce to the mix.
6.Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and stir everything together for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat.
7.Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to balance out the flavor of the manchurian sauce.
8.1 teaspoon salt (adjust later if necessary)
9.Add 2 tsp red chili powder from Kashmir for a vivid color as in a restaurant-style gobi manchurian dish.
10.Finally, in this sweet and sour manchurian sauce, toss in the fried cauliflower.
11.In a medium heat, gradually stir in this sauce for another 1 to 2 minutes.
12.To finish, sprinkle chopped spring onions on top of the cauliflower manchurian.
Recipe Card for Cauliflower Manchurian
Here’s a short rundown of all the components for cauliflower manchurian, as well as the recipe card’s rapid step-by-step production of gobi manchurian.
Take careful notice of the whole ingredient list.
15-minute prep time
Time to cook: 25 minutes
10 minutes of extra time
50-minute total time
- 500 milliliters of water
- [modify later] 2 tsp salt
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 2 tsp vinaigrette
- 2–3 tablespoons cornflour
- 2–3 tablespoons maida
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder from Kashmir
Cauliflower in a Pan
- Deep-frying oil (50-100 mL)
- 2–3 kitchen tissues to absorb any excess oil
Gobi Manchurian Gravy Ingredients
- 3–4 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic, coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- 2–3 green chilies, chopped
- 3 tbsp chili sauce (red)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
How do you create gobi manchurian?
- To make gobi manchurian, start by boiling water in a deep pan.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and a splash of vinegar and mix quickly.
- Then, to remove any hazardous pesticides, place cauliflower in this boiling water.
- Then, on a medium to high heat, cover the pan with a lid and boil the gobi for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then, using a cotton towel, drain the excess water from the cooked cauliflower.
- To marinate the gobi, combine maize flour, maida, black pepper, red chili powder, and salt in a mixing dish.
- In addition, combine the cooked cauliflower in a dish and marinade with the remaining spices.
- Next, pour oil into a deep kadai and fry the marinated cauliflower till golden brown on medium to low heat.
- Remove the fried cauliflower from the pan and absorb any excess oil with kitchen paper towels.
- To make the gobi manchurian sauce, heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the chopped ginger and garlic until the raw scent is gone.
- In a medium heat, sauté the spring onion and green chile.
- Then, in a deep pan, heat the oil and add the chopped ginger-garlic, sauteing on low heat until the raw scent goes away.
- Pour in the red chili sauce, soy sauce, and vinegar, adjusting the amount of each according to your desired level of spice.
- Sugar, kashmiri red chili powder for color, and salt to taste are also added.
- Finally, combine the fried cauliflower with the spicy sauce and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Finish by sprinkling chopped spring onions on top of the gobi manchurian.
Notes on the Gobi Manchurian Recipe
- If you want to make your sauce more spicy, combine red chili sauce, tomato ketchup, Kashmiri red chili powder, and a little quantity of water.
- Make tiny pieces of cauliflower for this gobi manchurian dish, which will be simple to prepare and consume.
Information on nutrition
Size of the Serving
Calories 344 per serving 3 Amount Per Serving 31g total fat 2g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 27g of unsaturated fat 11mg Cholesterol 277mg sodium 15 g Carbohydrates 2 g fiber 2 g sugar 3 g protein
Disclaimer: The data shown is based on an estimate from an online nutrition calculator. It should not be used as a replacement for the advise of a qualified nutritionist.
The Gobi manchurian recipe is a Chinese dish that is prepared by stir-frying cauliflower florets in a spicy sauce. It is also known as cauliflower manchurian. Reference: chilli gobi.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Gobi Manchurian not crispy?
The Gobi Manchurian is not crispy because it is deep fried in a wok.
What is Manchurian sauce made of?
Manchurian sauce is a dish that originated in China. It is made of soy sauce, rice wine, ginger, garlic, scallions, sesame oil and other spices.
Is Gobi Manchurian bad for health?
No, Gobi Manchurian is not bad for health.
- gobi manchurian recipe without corn flour
- gobi manchurian price
- gobi manchurian gravy recipe in hindi