If you’re looking for a quick meal that has a lot of flavor, is easy to make and healthy for you, you have to try Huevos a la Mexicana. Huevos a la Mexicana is a dish that combines scrambled eggs with ham or sausage and topped with onion, tomato and chili sauce. It’s a great breakfast or lunch dish, and it’s cheap to make.
Today I am going to share a recipe for huevos a la mexicana. This egg recipe is a staple in the Mexican diet. Whether you grew up in Mexico or not, this is a dish you’ll always find at breakfast or brunch. As my mother says, “eggs a la francesa is for fancy people, eggs a la mexicana is for everyone!” Enjoy!
Huevos a la Mexicana, or huevos with Mexican eggs, is a delicious breakfast that’s even better when you make it at home. In Mexico, huevos a la Mexicana is one of the most popular breakfasts in the country and is often served at breakfast or brunch. The huevos are served with black beans, fried eggs, diced tomatoes, corn tortillas, and chile peppers. While most traditional Mexican egg dishes are cooked on the stovetop, this is an easy and quick skillet dish that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.
The recipe for Huevos a la Mexicana is a simple and quick morning dish. It’s called after the colors of the Mexican flag, which include green hot peppers, white onion, and red tomatoes. Refried beans are typically served with this huevos dish.
See how simple it is to prepare Huevos a la Mexicana.
Recipe for Huevos a la Mexicana
Laura is the author.
Breakfast kind of recipe
- 10 eggs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 chili peppers, diced
- 3 tblsp. vegetable oil
- Olive oil is a kind of oil that comes from
- Lightly batter the eggs in a large dish and put aside.
- Fry the onion and chili peppers in a large frying pan.
- When the onion is translucent, add the tomatoes and continue to cook.
- Add the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
HOW CAN YOU TELL IF AN EGG IS FRESH?
Submerge an egg in a container of salt water to see whether it falls to the bottom vertically; if it does, it is a fresh egg. If the egg is not of good quality, it will fall horizontally.
FERTILIZER WITH ORGANIC INGREDIENTS
Egg shells, soaked overnight in water, make a good organic fertilizer.
PEPPERS WITH CHILLI
Chili peppers are used in many Mexican dishes. The kind of chili peppers used and the quantity utilized will determine how hot the dish will be.
The inner seeds and veins of a chilli pepper provide the pepper’s fiery and spicy taste, which may be removed to reduce the intensity.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION FOR SOME OF THE INGREDIENTS IN THE RECIPE HUEVOS A LA MEXICANA
- Vitamins K, B, B12, D, and proteins are all found in EGGS. The egg white makes about 57 percent of the total weight and is mostly made up of water and proteins.
- Proteins, potassium, selenium, vitamins B12 and 6, niacin, and phosphorus are all found in onions. It has anti-carcinogenic properties and aids in the prevention of diabetes. It lowers cholesterol levels and improves blood clotting. Its enzymes aid in the transport of oxygen to blood cells, improving respiratory function and blood circulation. It is a diuretic that aids in the purification of the body.
- TOMATOES are high in potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin A, as well as being antioxidants. This aids in the preservation of muscular tone. They aid in the prevention of heart disease and cataracts.
Do you have any questions or suggestions about the recipe? Please leave a comment below. Also, like our Official Facebook Page for the most up-to-date Mexican Recipes. Thank you very much!
Huevos a la Mexicana is a classic Mexican breakfast dish, and it’s a delicious, filling and nourishing way to start the day. With just a few ingredients you can make these savory eggs in minutes. Huevos a la Mexicana are typically made with fried corn tortillas, Mexican-style sausage (chorizo), eggs and tomatoes.. Read more about huevos mexicanos vs rancheros and let us know what you think.