Kung Pao Chicken – Easy Delicious Authentic Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
Kung Pao Chicken is one of the most famous Chinese, sweet and spicy dishes in the world. It’s easy to make and delicious when cooked. It is a dish that is served in many restaurants and homes. I love this recipe because it is so easy and delicious.
Kung Pao Chicken is a famous Chinese Chicken dish. This dish is famous in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia. This dish is usually served with white rice and a lot of vegetables. This dish is very delicious and spicy. It is also a spicy dish for those who love spicy food.. Read more about kung pao chicken, panda express recipe and let us know what you think.
Chicken Kung Pao: It is a spicy, stir-fried Chinese dish made with peanuts, vegetables, chicken, and chili peppers also known as Kung Po or Gong Bao. You don’t need to use a wok. It only takes 20 minutes to make the dish get it ready on the table, while other recipes take 30 minutes – 60 minutes on average. It uses only 10 ingredients. It’s a perfect recipe to make moist & tender chicken.
What does Kung Pao Chicken entail?
It is one of the healthiest chicken recipes that you can make from scratch and you can also add extra vegetables to the stir-fry, like bell peppers & zucchini. Kung Pao chicken is also a staple of westernized Chinese cuisine.
Kung Pao Chicken with Authentic Kung Pao Sauce
Kung Pao Sauce is the key ingredient of Kung Pao Chicken. The sauce and marinade contain chicken broth, vinegar, soy sauce, chili paste & cornstarch. Again the secret ingredient here is the dark vinegar in the sauce, which is made of dark soy sauce, soy sauce, sugar, water, and cornstarch. The sauce ingredients & chicken marinade really add the extra flavor to this dish.
The flavor is mainly sweet, salty, and vinegary. The spiciness of Kung Pao Chicken derives mostly from the dried red chilies used in the stir-fry, rather than the sauce. For optimum results, use red wine vinegar, rice vinegar, or apple cider vinegar.
Sichuan peppercorns are also used in Kung Pao Chicken (Szechuan peppers). They may be found at gourmet chain shops as well as Asian grocery stores such as Whole Foods. They provide additional heat to the sauce as it cooks, and you may eat them if you don’t mind your tongue on fire. I don’t always use Szechuan peppers in my cooking. Check out my Szechuan Chicken recipe as well.
What is Kung Pao Chicken and how do you prepare it?
In a wok or skillet, it is mainly stir-fried. First, heat oil and cook the ginger and garlic, and then to make it spicy add the dried red chilies. Add the chicken, Kung Pao Sauce, and peanuts and stir-fry. This will make your Kung Pao Chicken recipe so delicious & authentic. Try it and I am sure you will need it again and again!
Still famished!! Check out these delectable chicken recipes:
Kung Pao Chicken
One of the healthiest chicken dishes is Kung Pao Chicken. It’s a spicy Chinese meal prepared with peanuts, veggies, chicken, and chili peppers that’s stir-fried.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- 2 tblsp soy sauce (optional)
- white wine, 2 teaspoons
- 1 pound chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, cut into pieces
- 2 tblsp sesame oil (distributed)
- 1 oz. chile paste (hot)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved with 2 tbsp water
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar, distilled
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar (brown)
- 4 oz. peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
Prepare the marinade
- Mix together 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixture, and 1 tablespoon oil. In a mixing dish, combine the chicken pieces and the marinade. Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes after covering.
Prepare the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon cornstarch combination, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, chili paste, and sugar in a small mixing dish Combine the garlic, water chestnuts, green onion, and peanuts in a mixing bowl. In a medium pan, heat the sauce gently until fragrant.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook it in a large pan until the juices run clear and the flesh is white.
- Stir in the cooked chicken and continue to cook until the sauce thickens.
So, guys, I hope you like our weekly Kung Pao Chicken Recipe. This dish will appeal to all chicken lovers searching for Kung Pao Chicken. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, don’t forget to like us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram!
Please pass this recipe along!
Kung Pao chicken is one of my all time favorite Chinese dishes. I love it because it is so simple to put together, yet tastes so amazing. It makes a perfect weeknight dinner because as long as you have a can of either chicken or beef broth, you will never be “out of food”.. Read more about kung pao chicken vs szechuan chicken and let us know what you think.