Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars are a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for summertime. These bars are sweet, tart, and full of lemon flavor. They’re the perfect snack to enjoy on your next barbecue or picnic.
Lemon sugar cookies are a delicious, easy to make dessert that is perfect for the upcoming spring and summer. Read more in detail here: lemon sugar cookies.
Bars of Lemon Sugar Cookies are created with a soft and chewy sugar cookie foundation and a delicious lemon icing on top. Sugar cookie bars are simple to make!
For these delectable Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars, I drew inspiration from a few of my favorite cookie recipes. They’re the ideal remedy to the cold, snowy weather we’ve been experiencing. The lemon taste is fresh and beautiful, and they’re delicate and wonderfully sweet. They were eaten by my family!
What is the difference between lemon zest and lemon juice?
Lemon zest is the rind of a lemon cut into tiny pieces. It’s used in dishes to give them a more intense lemon taste. Using a fine cheese grater or a lemon zester, shred the rind off a lemon to get lemon zest. Grate the zest into a bowl, then use measuring spoons to measure it out as required.
Is it possible to freeze lemon zest?
Yes, you may freeze or even refrigerate lemon zest for up to a month in compact, sealed containers. I like purchasing a bag of lemons and zesting and juicing them for later use.
Lemon zest or lemon extract: which is better?
Because you purchase it and keep it in your cabinet, lemon extract is simpler to store and utilize. Nonetheless, I like to use lemon zest in my dishes since it imparts a more genuine lemon taste. Lemon extract is produced with a strong quantity of alcohol and lemon, and I believe the alcohol taste overpowers the lemon flavor.
Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars need the following ingredients.
To create the sugar cookie foundation, gather the following ingredients:
–1 cup softened butter
–1 1/4 cup sugar, granulated
–2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
–1 lemon, zested and squeezed You’ll need 1 TBSP plus 2 tsp lemon zest and 2 TBSP lemon juice in total.
–2 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
–1 tablespoon of baking powder
–1/2 teaspoon of salt
To create the Lemon Glaze, gather the following ingredients:
–3 TBSP melted butter
–1 and a half cups powdered sugar
–2 tablespoons of milk
–2 tablespoons lemon juice
–2 tablespoons lemon zest
Sugar Cookie Bars: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Using parchment paper, line a 913 pan (or quarter baking sheet). Remove from the equation.
- 1 minute on high with an electric mixer, beat butter until lighter in color. Mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla essence, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients and whisk gently to integrate the salt and baking powder into the flour. Pour into the butter mixture and well combine.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan and push down to ensure that it is equally distributed across the pan. Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 20 minutes. Allow 20 minutes for cooling.
- Combine the ingredients for the lemon glaze and pour over heated cookie bars. With a rubber scraper, spread glaze over cookie bars. Allow to cool completely before using. Cut the dough into 30 squares. You may simply cut the bars in the pan if you coated it with non-stick spray. You may take the whole sheet of cookies out of the pan if you lined it with parchment paper, then cut them into squares. Leftovers should be kept in an airtight container.
Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars
Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars are created with a soft and chewy sugar cookie foundation and a delicious lemon icing on top. Sugar cookie bars are simple to make!
Pin Rate for Printing
Dessert course: cookies
Lemon Cookie Bars are a delicious dessert that is easy to make. The lemon cookie crust gives the bars a fresh, citrusy flavor that goes well with any topping.
- taste of home lemon sugar cookie bars
- lemon cookie bars
- summer cookies and bars
- lemon cookie bars cook’s country
- lemon sugar cookie bars with lemon cream cheese frosting