Low-Carb Rosemary & Sea Salt Italian Focaccia Bread
You’ve probably heard of focaccia bread, but if you haven’t, you’re missing out on a real treat. This is not your run-of-the-mill flatbread, this is a bread that’s so delicious you’ll wonder how you lived without it. And even better, it’s simple to make. Just mix up some dough and let it rise between two sheets of parchment paper, then bake as usual.
I developed this recipe after finding a similar one at Saveur. I wanted a whole grain focaccia bread recipe that was not too dense, would hold together if you made it ahead and heated (or microwaved) it, and also was not too fussy and required too much time to make. I also wanted it to be lower in carbs and higher in fiber, and I have to say I feel this recipe does the trick.
I have been on a low-carb diet for the last 6 months. I have not lost weight, but I have improved my health and lost 20 lbs. This article will show you how to make a great tasting low-carb bread that you can make in a bread machine.. Read more about low carb bread and let us know what you think.
A secret ingredient is used to make this wonderful bread…..
This low-carb focaccia bread with rosemary and sea salt not only has a wonderful taste, but it also helps to bind all of the components in the dough. This is a really basic keto bread recipe, with just a few ingredients and a straightforward technique of preparation.
To personalize your keto focaccia bread, be creative and add additional spices and tastes. Adding kalamata olives, garlic oil (instead of olive oil), or removing the rosemary and sea salt and adding jalapeos and shredded cheddar cheese for an all-American feel!
- Use golden flaxseed meal instead of ordinary flaxseed meal for the finest color and look.
- Use finely grated Parmesan cheese instead of grated. I suggest utilizing the containers that are in the fridge on the specific cheese shelf rather than the powder that is often offered on the pasta aisle. (Or, if you’re feeling brave, create your own!)
- For this recipe, I suggest using a food processor to crush all of the ingredients into a fine flour. I continued to use a hand mixer, and it worked well!
- I strongly advise using eggs that are at room temperature. Place the eggs in a basin of extremely hot water for approximately 5 minutes to bring them to room temperature.
- While I normally suggest waiting until keto bread has fully cooled before cutting it, I enjoy eating this keto focaccia bread warm and toasty straight out of the oven….. It’s fantastic!
- Serve with olive oil and your favorite vinegar or try this Fat & Happy Balsamic Vinaigrette made with MCT oil.
Keto Focaccia Italian bread with rosemary and sea salt
..: SERIES 8
TIME TO PREPARE: 15 MINUTES
TIME TO COOK: 25 MINUTES
TIME TOTAL: 40 MINUTES
This simple focaccia recipe is ideal for appetizers, sandwiches, and party nibbles.
- 2/3 cup Mandelmehl whitening
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Flachsmehl goldenes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered baking soda
- a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder
- apple cider vinegar, 2 tblsp
- 2 big rivers, particularly in hot weather
- a quarter cup of hot water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1–2 sprigs fresh romaine
- flakes of sea salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine the almond flour, parmesan, flax meal, baking powder, and garlic powder in a food processor (the best technique) or an electric mixer. Mix thoroughly. (If you’re using a food processor, puree the ingredients until it’s smooth.) The vinegar, eggs, and water are then added. Mix for 30-60 seconds, or until well combined. Scrape the mixture off the walls and start again if it sticks. Allow the mixture to rest for 5 minutes to allow the flax to thicken the dough more.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper while the dough thickens. Remove the rosemary needles from the woody stem, leaving a few bunches intact. Remove it from the equation.
Place the dough on the baking sheet that has been prepared. Shape the dough into an 8 x 11 rectangle with a half-inch thickness using a rubber spatula (the dough will be very sticky; grease the spatula if you want to flatten it more easily). Poke tiny holes every two inches with a toothpick or other sharp item (I use a leftover rosemary stem). I’m going to make it right now. (I pierce the stem and gently swirl it to create a depression.) Fill some of the holes with rosemary sprigs (I use bundles of 3-4 needles). Brush the top and sides with olive oil, then top with rosemary needles and sea salt flakes.
In a preheated oven, bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top and edges. Allow it cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces. Have a blast!
Store in an airtight jar at room temperature for at least a few days after fully cooled. If desired, gently toast to re-crisp the bread. Use it as bread for sandwiches or drizzle it with olive oil and vinegar. YUMMY!
138 calories per serving | 11 grams of fat | 4 grams of total carbohydrate | 2 grams of fiber | 7 grams of protein | 2 grams of net carbohydrates
Presented to you by
This keto bread isn’t a stomach puncher!
I have a sensitive stomach, so this focaccia bread is perfect for me! I’m not experiencing any bloating, gas, or other stomach issues. This recipe is free of xanthan gum and psyllium husk, both of which are frequent components in keto breads and may cause stomach discomfort. Overall, this focaccia bread recipe is not only simple and tasty, but also healthy (in my opinion). Yes, yes, yes
Is he a bread guy? This extremely simple keto bread recipe is a must-try!
The traditional Italian bread, focaccia, is one of the best examples of a low-carb bread recipe. A focaccia is made from a sponge of dough, which is baked on a hot stone. The result is a very thin, open-faced sandwich. It is generally baked in the oven but can also be baked on a pizza peel for some really great pizza and bread alternatives.. Read more about keto garlic and rosemary focaccia and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- gluten free focaccia no yeast
- gluten free focaccia recipe
- gluten free focaccia buy
- gluten free focaccia recipe jamie oliver
- low carb focaccia bread