The idea of a cigar made from meat may sound like something you’d find in a science fiction movie, but it’s actually becoming a reality. A company called Beyond Meat has created the first plant-based burger that can be sold to consumers as “meat.”
The moroccan meat cigars recipe is a dish that consists of small pieces of spiced beef wrapped in mincemeat.
- 14 cup oil (vegetable)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 112 pound beef or lamb ground
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 12 teaspoon ginger powder
- black pepper or a generous sprinkle of chili powder
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 5 gently beaten eggs
- big fillo sheets (1 pound)
- 2/3 cup butter or vegetable oil, melted
These briwat bil kefta are traditionally prepared with warka and deep-fried in Morocco, but using fillo and baking them yields a far better outcome.
- Prepare the filling first. In a large pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion until softened. Cook, mashing the meat with a fork and flipping it over for 5 to 10 minutes, until it changes color, adding the spices, salt, and pepper or chili pepper as needed. Then add the chopped parsley, cilantro, and beaten eggs, and simmer for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until the eggs have set to a creamy consistency. Allow time for the filling to cool. Taste and season with additional spices and pepper if desired.
- Cut all the sheets of fillo together, without dividing them, into three 6 inch [.dotmath] 12 inch strips using big scissors, then place the three heaps together in one pile so they don’t dry out. Using melted butter or oil, gently brush the top sheet.
- Place a spoonful of filling along one of the short ends, 34 inches away from the three corners. Roll up like a cigar, folding in the long sides halfway to keep the filling in, then continuing to roll, letting the sides unfurl to make the cigars seem open.
- Place the rolls side by side on a prepared baking sheet, brush the tops with melted butter, and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve them immediately. You may prepare them ahead of time and reheat them.
The lamb cigars are a new trend that has been taking the internet by storm. They are made from ground lamb, spices, and other ingredients.
- what are moroccan cigars
- vegetable cigars
- turkish cigars
- israeli cigars food
- mince meat cigars