Growing up, I always loved chicken. It was one of the few meats my parents really encouraged me to eat, and I loved every bite of it. I’d never heard of fajita chicken until a few years ago, but it’s quickly become one of my favorite dishes. Basically strips of chicken breast seared in a little olive oil, topped with a smoky marinade and a bit of pineapple, it’s the perfect combination of healthy and delicious.
Simple and healthy, this pineapple chicken recipe is a great dish to cook for a weeknight meal. With a combination of peppers, garlic, ginger, and grapeseed oil, Pineapple Chicken is a spicy, sweet and spicy dish that will definitely warm you up on a cold winter night.
This pineapple chicken recipe is a dish that’s easy to prepare – it only takes a few minutes to make and just as few to clean up! The pineapple chicken is made by mixing cooked chicken with pineapple chunks, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil. All ingredients are then mixed together and served over rice. The pineapple chicken can then be served with any of your favorite vegetables, like broccoli, green onions, or carrots.. Read more about easy pineapple chicken and let us know what you think.
Chicken with Pineapple – Tossed in a flavorful sweet and savory sauce, this simple juicy, tender stir fried chicken with pineapple and veggies is better than takeout and makes a wonderful family supper.
What kind of chicken meat should you use for the finest chicken and pineapple recipe?
If you don’t have chicken thighs on hand, you may substitute chicken breasts (you’ll need 4 medium size chicken breasts), but keep in mind that the flesh will be less soft and juicy than chicken thighs.
How does this Chinese Pineapple Chicken taste?
As I previously said, it is bursting at the seams with taste! Because of the fresh pineapple, it’s acidic and sweet, with a hint of crunch in every mouthful. This meal is quite similar to the sweet and sour chicken that I previously posted (check it out) since the chicken is deep-fried instead of stir-fried in that recipe.
Is it possible for us to meal prep this Chicken Pineapple?
Without a doubt! This dish can be prepared ahead of time and is a great meal prep recipe for busy days. Simply reheat on the stovetop when ready to dine.
Can this Sticky Pineapple Chicken be frozen?
No, unfortunately! Because of the pineapple, it does not freeze well, but it may be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
What to serve with this Pineapple and Chicken in a Chinese Style?
For a great pineapple chicken bowl, serve it over plain rice, coconut rice, and mango salad. Serve the chicken and rice inside a hollowed-out pineapple if you’re feeding it to guests.
Tricks & Quick Tips
- For a healthier and leaner meat alternative, use chicken breasts chopped into cubes.
- To remove extra moisture, pat the chicken dry using paper towels.
- If you don’t have hoisin sauce on hand, use ketchup instead.
- Add 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes to make it hotter.
What Is Pineapple Chicken and How Do I Make It?
Pineapple Chicken – Tossed in a flavor-packed sweet and savory sauce, this simple juicy, tender stir fried chicken with pineapple and veggies is better than takeout and makes a wonderful family supper dish.
10 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced into 1″ chunks
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into 1″ chunks, any color
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- a quarter cup of pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or canned pineapple pieces
- season with salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp cornstarch (or flour) plus 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar (brown)
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- white rice, cooked (optional)
- Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl, including hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch. Remove from the equation.
- Set aside the chicken after seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet once the oil is heated.
- 2 minutes each side, sauté the chicken until lightly browned.
- Sauté the bell peppers, onion, and pineapple pieces until they’re crisp and tender.
- Bring the sauce mixture to a boil, then continue to whisk until all of the chicken pieces are thoroughly covered.
- Remove the chicken and rice from the heat and serve inside a hollowed-out pineapple or over plain rice.
Still famished! Check Out These Other Delectable Chicken Recipes:
So, guys, I hope you like this Chinese pineapple chicken that I prepare every week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for pineapple chicken and rice. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
Pineapple is the newest flavor to hit the Asian Market, and it’s catching on fast. I was super excited to try it and found it to be addictive, sweet, and slightly tangy, with a subtle pineapple aftertaste. I used it a lot in the past, but never learned how to make it into chicken. I could have had it at a Chinese takeout restaurant, but I haven’t been to one in months. So, I decided to do it myself. Here’s how to make fresh pineapple chicken in the crockpot.. Read more about teriyaki chicken pineapple bowl buzzfeed and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- easy pineapple chicken
- pineapple chicken chinese
- pineapple chicken
- chinese pineapple chicken
- pineapple chicken recipe