Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu – Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu
This recipe is a low carb keto version of the popular chicken cordon bleu. It is gluten free and very low in carbs.
When you’re eating low carb, you need to make sure you’re getting enough protein in your diet to keep your metabolism running at its best. The only way to do that is to eat more meat. This low carb chicken cordon bleu is a great example of how to do that and still enjoy a keto friendly meal.
I’m always looking for new ways to enjoy the traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu. Recently, I found a low carb version that was delicious and was missing one of the key ingredients: bread crumbs. If you’re new to the keto lifestyle, have no fear. You can still enjoy it without the bread crumbs!
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu – One of the greatest chicken dishes you’ll ever cook on your keto adventure is this low carb chicken cordon bleu. It’s made up of succulent chicken breasts, swiss cheese, ham, and pork rinds crumbs, and it’s topped with a delicious low-carb sauce.
What Is Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Sauce and How Do I Make It?
This is the greatest part of the recipe; we’re creating a low-carb chicken cordon bleu sauce that tastes just incredible!
So here’s how to put it together:
Components (measurements are given below)
- Stock made from chicken
- cream with a lot of fat
- Mustard dijon
- chopped fresh parsley
- To taste, season with salt and black pepper.
- Combine the parmesan cheese, cream, stock, Dijon mustard, butter, and parsley in a mixing bowl. Mix well until everything is fully mixed.
- In a medium-high-heat skillet, combine the sauce ingredients and whisk thoroughly. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce achieves the desired thickness.
- Done! Pour the sauce over the cut chicken rolls in a large mixing bowl.
How to Make Low-Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu in the Oven
Follow the instructions on the recipe card below, then place everything in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Check out the keto baked chicken cordon bleu casserole recipe.
(Note: Cooking times may vary; keep an eye on your chicken or it may dry out.)
Is it possible to freeze this Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Without a doubt! Cook the chicken as directed, but do not bake it. Freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight container or firmly wrapped in aluminum foil.
When ready to use, defrost them in the refrigerator overnight or until completely thawed.
What To Serve With This Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu At Its Finest?
I prefer to serve it as a salad with lettuce leaves, spinach, and cherry tomatoes with ranch dressing on the side. It goes well with roasted asparagus, mashed cauliflower, and roasted or steamed broccoli, among other things.
I used sliced ham, but prosciutto may be substituted (you will love this)
Pork rinds – This is one of the finest breading choices on a keto or low carb diet, but instead of using half almond flour and half parmesan cheese, use half almond flour and half parmesan cheese.
Swiss Cheese — For a variation on the traditional cordon bleu, add muenster cheese or mozzarella instead.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Keto (Low Carb)
This low-carb keto chicken cordon bleu is one of the finest chicken dishes you’ll ever cook while on the keto diet. It’s made up of succulent chicken breasts, swiss cheese, ham, and pork rinds crumbs, and it’s topped with a delicious low-carb sauce.
10 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
5.0 out of 5 stars based on 1 review (s)
- 2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 large chicken breasts)
- 4 slices of ham
- 16 Swiss cheese slices
- black pepper with salt
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled pork rinds (or half almond flour and parmesan)
- 1 tablespoon powdered onion
- 1 tablespoon powdered garlic
- a single big egg
- Avocado oil may be used for frying.
- 1 quart of thick cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard (Dijon)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup stock made from chicken
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- To taste, season with salt and black pepper.
- Using a pounder, pound the chicken breasts until they are approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- On both sides, season with salt and pepper.
- Place two pieces of swiss cheese on each chicken breast, followed by a slice of ham, and then two additional swiss cheese slices.
- Fold the chicken breast in half and slide the wrapped slide over it until it holds its form. 15-30 minutes in the refrigerator (optional)
- Combine pork rinds, garlic, and onion powder in a small dish and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate dish, whisk the egg using a fork.
- Dip the folded chicken breast first in the egg mixture, then in the pork rinds. Carry on with the remaining chicken pieces in the same manner.
- Add 1/2 inch of oil to a skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is heated, add the breaded chicken breasts and fry for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through, or until brown on both sides.
- Place each chicken breast on a dish lined with paper towels.
- To create the sauce, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat a pan, then add the ingredients and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then bring to a boil and reduce to a low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with roasted broccoli or mashed cauliflower after slicing each chicken breast into four pieces and topping with the sauce.
Still famished! Other low-carb keto chicken dishes to try:
Guys, I hope you like this easy keto chicken cordon bleu with almond flour or pork rinds that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for a keto version of chicken cordon bleu. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
Chicken is a popular meat for low-carb diets, but there’s a lot of different ways to prepare it so that you can eat it while keeping your cravings under control. This recipe is for Chicken Cordon Bleu – Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu.. Read more about keto chicken cordon bleu air fryer and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto chicken cordon bleu sauce
- keto chicken cordon bleu pork rinds
- keto chicken cordon bleu with almond flour
- chicken cordon bleu sauce
- easy keto cordon bleu