Sesame Chicken: Easy Sesame Chicken in Just 20 minutes
With Sesame Chicken you can enjoy a tasty and delicious Asian inspired chicken dish in a matter of minutes. The only ingredients you need are chicken breasts, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, sesame seeds and garlic. This recipe has been developed to be ready in as little as 20 minutes.
Sesame Chicken is a yummy chicken dish that takes just 20 minutes to prepare. It’s very high in protein and low in calories, and it’s also very easy to make.
I love eating chicken. I wish I could eat it every single day. But, of course, diet restrictions make that nearly impossible. So, I have to eat it on special occasions. The other night, I had to eat it for dinner. I was in a pinch and couldn’t find any chicken breast to make chicken parmigiana or chicken with broccoli, so I had to make something else. I didn’t want to make chicken nuggets though, I wanted something new. I remembered I had some frozen sesame chicken in the freezer. It never fails to come in handy when I need a quick fix to chicken.. Read more about healthy sesame chicken recipe and let us know what you think.
Sesame Chicken is sweet, crunchy, salty, sticky, and somewhat spicy, yet it’s very simple to prepare. Only a few ingredients are required for this wonderful sauce, all of which are readily available at your local shops. Deep-fried and crispy chicken is covered in a sweet, savory sauce and stuffed with sesame seeds. This lighter version of sesame chicken is perfect for any day of the week.
What is Sesame Chicken and how does it differ from other types of chicken?
I’m sure we all adore one other. Sesame Chicken, often known as Chinese sesame seed chicken, is a popular dish at Chinese restaurants throughout the country. However, you won’t find it on Chinese menus in the United Kingdom. The meal is similar to General Tso’s chicken, except the chicken is sweet rather than hot.
The meal consists of battered and Chinese deep-fried chicken breast (occasionally thigh) pieces, which are then topped with a reddish-brown, transparent, semi-thick, somewhat sweet sauce prepared from vinegar, cornstarch, chicken broth, wine or sake, and sugar.
What kinds of Sesame Chicken variants are there?
Sesame shrimp is another famous Sesame Chicken variant. Simply said, the Shrimp takes the place of the chicken. Everything about the dish’s preparation is the same, with the exception of the duration and intensity of the meat’s heating. Normally, sesame seeds are used in sesame chicken recipes, but here, sesame is replaced with almonds, giving this variant the name Almond Shrimp.
What Is Sesame Chicken and How Do I Make It?
- Chicken breast should be cut into 1-inch bite-size pieces.
- Over medium-high heat, spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray.
- Cook for approximately 6 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Combine soy sauce, water, honey, cornstarch, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a mixing bowl.
- Remove any cornstarch lumps with a whisk.
- Pour the sauce mixture with the chicken onto the pan.
- Cook until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Sesame seeds may be sprinkled on top.
- Cover and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the chicken begins to soak up the sauce.
- Enjoy with white rice or noodles as a side dish.
If you don’t want to use honey in this recipe, that’s perfectly OK; a non-honey version is provided below!
What should you serve with your Sesame Chicken?
I prefer to serve it with white rice, sometimes veggies like baby corn or broccoli, and sometimes noodles.
Still famished! These Chicken Recipes Should Be Tried:
Chicken with Sesame Sauce (Easy Sesame Chicken)
Sesame Chicken is a delicious dish. Sweet, crunchy, salty, spicy, and very simple to prepare, Chinese sesame seed chicken is a popular dish in Chinese restaurants.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- a quarter teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tblsp flour (all-purpose)
- cornstarch (2 tblsp.)
- a couple of teaspoons of water
- 2 tblsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sherry (dry)
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 tsp. chile powder
- 1 teaspoon oil (vegetable)
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 pound of white sugar
- 1 pound cubed skinless and boneless chicken breast meat
- 2 tblsp soy sauce (dark)
- a quarter teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tblsp. white distilled vinegar
- a quarter cup of cornstarch
- 2 tblsp sesame seed oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, roasted
- 1 cup of water
- 1 litre extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Sift together flour, baking soda, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and baking powder in a mixing basin. Stir in the sherry, 2 tablespoons water, low-sodium soy sauce, vegetable oil, and a splash of sesame oil until the mixture is smooth.
- Cover and chill for 20 minutes after stirring in the chicken with the batter.
- Sugar, vinegar, chicken broth, sesame oil, dark soy sauce, chili paste, and garlic are cooked in a skillet at high heat.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch + 1/2 cup water = 1/4 cup cornstarch + 1/2 cup water = 1/4 cup cornstarch + 1/2 cup water = 1/4 cup cornstarch + 1/2 cup water = 1/4 cup cornstarch + 1/2 cup water = 1/4
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and clears up. Reduce the heat to a low setting and keep the sauce warm.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3–4 minutes, or until golden brown and float to the top of the oil, fry the coated chicken pieces.
- Drain and top with sesame seeds that have been toasted.
So, guys, I hope you like this Sesame Chicken Recipe, which I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken lovers searching for Sesame Chicken. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, don’t forget to like us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram!
Please pass this recipe along!
Over the last few years, I’ve decided to adopt a new cooking style in order to save time and money. I’m not saying that this new cooking style is the best for everyone, but it’s something that I’ve found to be very helpful and time-saving for me.. Read more about honey sesame chicken stir fry and let us know what you think.