Slow Cooker Devilled Sausages
This recipe is perfect for those who love the taste of sausage, but don’t want to spend hours cooking it. It’s a great way to use up leftovers and make a quick meal.
The slow cooker devilled sausages nz are a great way to make a quick and easy meal. It is important to remember that the slow cooker needs to be set on high heat for this recipe.
This recipe for Devilled Sausages in the Slow Cooker is likely to become a family favorite since it’s delicious and prepared from scratch.
I’ve been cooking devilled sausages this way for years, but before that I was often using a packet mix – there’s nothing wrong with packet mixes, and a couple of them are very tasty and handy! But I wanted to share this recipe with you since it’s tasty and you’ll know precisely what’s in your dinner.
This recipe requires just a few simple ingredients. Nobody wants to have a lot of items in their pantry that they won’t use again. These fundamental items are used in a lot of slow cooker recipes, so they’re quite useful to have on hand.
If you’ve never heard of devilled sausages, they’re sausages that have been cooked in a sweet, spicy, and sticky sauce. The flavors are really delicious. There isn’t much spice in our version, but there’s plenty of space to add more if you like!
The term seems to be a throwback to a period when everything with a hint of spice was known as devilled something – who remembers devilled eggs?
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this dish.
- Stock of Beef
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Soy sauce is a sauce made from soybeans.
- Worcestershire Sauce (Worcestershire Sauce)
- Brown Sugar is a kind of sugar that is used
- Sauce de tomates
- Season with salt and pepper.
The sweetness comes from the apples and brown sugar, while the stickiness comes from the soy and Worcestershire sauce, which combine with the other ingredients to produce a unique sauce.
The greatest part about these kinds of dinners is that all you have to do is toss everything into the slow cooker and let it do its thing for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. You may make this dish in the morning before you start your day and have a delicious supper waiting for you when you get home.
I haven’t browned the sausages for this recipe; you may if you like, but it isn’t essential due to the cooking time; nevertheless, you are free to do so. I just stacked the ingredients, stirred it well, covered it, and baked it!
Check out these slow cooker recipes without the packets if you enjoy the concept of slow cooker meals without the packets.
To get to the recipe, there are just a few simple steps to making these delectable Slow Cooker Devilled Sausages – just keep in mind that the cooking duration is either 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW.
Slow Cooker Devilled Sausages
Serves 4 people
15-minute prep time
Time to prepare: 4 hours
4 minutes of extra time
4 hours and 19 minutes total
Delicious, easy-to-make Devilled Sausages made from scratch in the slow cooker.
- Sausages, 6-8
- 250ml beef stock, 1 cup
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1-2 cored and sliced apples
- 1 CANNED TOMATOES, CRUMBLED
- 1 tblsp. of soy sauce
- 2 TBS WORCESTERSHIRE POWDER
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- a quarter cup of brown sugar
- 2 tblsp. tomato paste or sauce
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- 1 tblsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt & pepper
- a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard (Wholegrain)
- The slow cooker should be sprayed or greased.
- In a slow cooker, combine the sausages, sliced onion, and sliced apple.
- Whisk together the beef stock, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, brown sugar, tomato sauce, cornflour, and paprika in a medium mixing basin or jug.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes until everything is well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the sausages and toss to coat them.
- Place the cover on the slow cooker and simmer on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours, stirring twice if possible during this time.
- After this time, turn off the slow cooker.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies on the side.
- You may keep this in the fridge for a few days or freeze it. In the slow cooker, do not reheat.
Before putting the sausages in the slow cooker, make sure they’re completely thawed.
Cold slow cooked dishes should not be reheated in the slow cooker; instead, use the microwave.
It’s really simple! Please let me know what you think of this wonderful easy dish in the comments section below.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my newest recipe and others on my site. If you haven’t already, like me on Facebook or Instagram for more Slow Cooker goodness, and enter your email in the box below to get all of my recipes as soon as they’re published.
Good luck with your cooking!
The slow cooker sausages nz is a dish that can be made in the slow cooker. It is simple, easy to make and delicious.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it called devilled sausages?
The word devilled is an old English word that means to be mixed with spices.
Are sausages OK in slow cooker?
The answer to this question is no.
Can I cook sausages from frozen in the slow cooker?
Yes, you can cook sausages from frozen in the slow cooker.
- devilled sausages taste
- maggi slow cooker devilled sausages
- slow cooker sausages
- easy devilled sausages recipe
- sausages in slow cooker without browning