This recipe is a great way to get your family on board with the slow cooker. It’s easy to make and delicious, but it can be made in just 30 minutes!
This is a delicious soup that can be made in the slow cooker. It’s a great option for when you’re having a cold or just need something to warm up with on a chilly day. Read more in detail here: slow cooker carrot soup.
This Carrot & Ginger Soup is a wonderful way to get more vegetables in your day. I adore winter warming soups, particularly ones made in the slow cooker.
The slow cooker is a year-round fixture on our kitchen counter, but it truly comes into its own in the fall. As the days get colder and we spend less time hurrying about, we will have more opportunity to experiment with new dishes.
When you use a slow cooker, you spend less time cooking and more time allowing the flavors to emerge. And I believe this is especially essential while cooking soup. When compared to a stovetop soup, there’s simply something about slow cooking.
This dish is very easy to make. I prefer to make soups with similar flavor bases since it means I nearly always have the ingredients on hand, which is why most of my soups include garlic, onion, and chicken stock. Simply replace the vegetables with pantry items.
You’ll need the following ingredients for this recipe:
Stock made with chicken
Season with salt and pepper.
sour cream (Optional)
I adore the flavor combination of carrot and ginger, but if you don’t like ginger, you can simply leave it out or adjust the amounts to suit! This one has been kept moderate so that the entire family may enjoy it.
In this recipe, you may use fresh ginger, chopped ginger, or ginger powder. Of course, fresh and minced ginger has a considerably stronger flavor than dried ginger powder, so vary the amount you use based on the kind you have on hand.
Cooking durations may vary depending on how much time you have before serving; you can cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours; I like to cook on low if I have the time, and I strongly advise you to do so with this recipe.
Whether you use milk or cream in this dish is a question of personal choice; some people like the creaminess to soften the flavor, while others prefer it without. If you’re planning to freeze the soup, leave the cream out until you’re ready to reheat it, like I usually do with most of my soups.
This soup freezes well! We like to divide it up and freeze it in separate servings to warm later.
If you like slow cooker soups, be sure to check out the rest of my recipes below – there are many more to come!
With my soups, I use a stick blender since it is such a convenient item to have on hand. They’re known as immersion blenders, and they’re inexpensive and very useful. The soup may be blended right in the slow cooker bowl.
They simply make things a lot simpler, and unlike a blender or food processor, you can use it with boiling liquids. Feel free to use anything you have on hand, however. Simply follow the manufacturer’s instructions, and you may need to work in batches.
Let’s get to the recipe for my Soup with Carrots and Ginger in the Slow Cooker! I really hope you like it.
Slow Cooker Carrot & Ginger Soup
6–8 cup yield
Time to Prepare: 20 minutes
7-hour cook time
7 hours and 20 minutes total
Carrot and Ginger Soup in a Slow Cooker, using Easy Ingredients, is a family favorite.
- Carrots, 1 kilogram
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tiny onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ginger powder (adjust according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- a half teaspoon of pepper
- 2 1/2 Cups 625 mL Chicken Stock or Broth (or vegetarian)
- 1/3 cup cream, 85 mL
- Peel the carrots and potatoes before cutting them into 4-6 cm pieces.
- Onion, peeled and diced
- Fill the slow cooker with these veggies.
- Finally, stir in the garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper, as well as the chicken broth or stock.
- To mix, stir everything together.
- Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, or until the carrots are cooked, with the cover on the slow cooker.
- Allow for gentle mixing once or twice throughout the cooking process, then immediately return the cover.
- Turn off the slow cooker and use a stick blender to mix the heated ingredients until smooth.
- If you’re serving right immediately, add the cream; if you’re just serving a tiny amount, add a dash of cream to that portion.
- Keep the leftover soup refrigerated or frozen until you’re ready to reheat it.
- To taste, add a dash of cream or milk once it has been warmed.
If you don’t have a stick blender, use your blender or food processor according to the manufacturer’s directions; however, not all blenders or food processors can handle hot food, so be careful.
How simple does that seem to be? I’m excited to hear your thoughts on this one. What’s the next soup dish you’d want to see? Please let me know in the comments section below.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my newest recipe and others on my site. If you haven’t already, like me on Facebook or Instagram for more Slow Cooker goodness, and enter your email in the box below to get all of my recipes as soon as they’re published.
Good luck with your cooking!
It’s worth pinning! Pinterest
Slow cooker carrots how long is a recipe for a soup that has been cooked in the slow cooker. The carrot and ginger flavors in this soup give it a unique taste and texture. Reference: slow cooker carrots how long.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will carrots soften in slow cooker?
No, carrots will not soften in a slow cooker.
When Should carrots be add to slow cooker?
Will vegetables go soggy in slow cooker?
Yes, vegetables will go soggy in a slow cooker.
- slow cooker carrots, brown sugar
- slow cooker carrots and onions
- slow cooker carrots with maple syrup
- slow cooker carrots no sugar
- slow cooker savory carrots