This is a classic recipe for a tomato vegetable casserole. It’s perfect for the summertime when tomatoes are in season and vegetables are abundant.
This is a tomato casserole recipe. It is easy to make and tastes delicious.
- 1 medium peeled potato, sliced into 12-inch chunks
- 1 medium peeled sweet potato, sliced into 12-inch chunks
- 2 peeled and cut into 12-inch sections carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded, cored, and cut into 12-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 134 tablespoons black pepper, freshly ground
- a teaspoon of salt (12 teaspoons)
- 12 red onion rings, thinly sliced
- 1 big zucchini, cut into 14-inch thick slices crosswise
- 2 big ripe tomatoes, cut into 14-inch thick slices crosswise
- 12 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons dry Italian bread crumbs Garnish with fresh basil sprigs
It’s worth noting that the components are a bit of a mishmash: potato and sweet potato, zucchini and carrot, onion and bell pepper. This is because this is a very ad hoc recipe, and you can feel free to use anything you like. Simply chop any veggies to approximately the same size to ensure that they are all completely cooked at the same time, but not overdone.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the potato, sweet potato, carrots, bell pepper, 2 tablespoons oil, 34 teaspoon pepper, and 12 teaspoon salt in a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. On top of the onion, equally distribute the zucchini. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over the top and season with 12 tsp salt and pepper. Place the tomato slices on top of the zucchini. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over the top and season with the remaining 12 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Combine the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a small dish and sprinkle over the veggies. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, uncovered, until the veggies are soft and the topping is golden brown. Allow 10 minutes for cooling.
- Serve with fresh basil sprigs on top.
This is a simple and easy to make dish that’s perfect for any day of the week. It takes less than 30 minutes to make, and it’s so flavorful! Reference: potato cauliflower casserole.
- tomato vegetable soup
- vegetable bake
- cauliflower casserole
- baked pasta vegetarian
- pasta marinara with vegetables