TORTA DI PASTA |
A classic Italian dish, a perfect meal for a light summertime dinner. This recipe is easy to make and can be served with a variety of toppings.
This dish is a classic Italian pasta dish consisting of layers of pasta, tomato sauce, and cheese. It’s also one of the easiest pasta dishes to make!
- 8 oz. dry spaghetti or cooked pasta leftovers
- 12 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- a dozen big eggs
- 34 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 34 cup fontina cheese, freshly grated
- a teaspoon of salt (12 teaspoons)
- 12 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon butter (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Pasta cake is the direct translation of torta di pasta. This dish is very appealing to me since it makes excellent finger food: all of the ingredients bind together and can be sliced into little portions, and it can be served at room temperature. You probably won’t inform your visitors that you’re giving them leftovers, and they won’t notice the difference.
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil if using dried pasta. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the spaghetti is cooked but still firm to the bite, approximately 8 minutes.
- Drain. Toss the spaghetti with the sundried tomatoes in a large mixing basin, then put aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, fontina cheese, 12 tablespoons salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Toss the cooled spaghetti mixture with the egg mixture to coat.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Melt the butter and oil in an ovenproof nonstick skillet with a 912-inch diameter over medium heat. Using your hands, massage the spaghetti mixture into an equal layer in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown. Transfer the pan to the oven and broil for 5 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Allow the torta to cool to room temperature in the pan before inverting it onto a serving dish. Serve the torta at room temperature, cut into wedges.
The spaghetti pie no sauce is a dish that is made by baking spaghetti and then layering it with cheese, meat, and other ingredients.
- spaghetti pie pioneer woman
- italian spaghetti pie
- pesto pasta
- spaghetti pie casserole
- pasta chuta meaning in english