These summer rolls are perfect for a picnic or potluck. They can also be served as an appetizer at your next dinner party.
The chicken rice paper rolls with peanut sauce is a recipe for summer rolls. It is made of chicken, rice paper, and vegetables.
Fresh spring rolls are very simple to prepare, and you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried chicken avocado spring rolls sooner!
Recipe for Chicken Spring Rolls
The combination of chicken and avocado is delicious, particularly in a fresh spring roll or summer wrap. This nutritious chicken spring roll dish is so simple to prepare that you’ll wonder why you don’t make it more frequently. This dish, which uses nutritious boneless skinless chicken breast, is ideal for using up leftover chicken. If you don’t have any leftover chicken, poach it on the stovetop or bake the chicken breast in the oven to make this chicken dish low in calories and carbs.
Watch the video to learn how to make delicious Spring Rolls with Avocado and Chicken!
What other veggies do you have on hand?
- The addition of avocado to the spring roll gives it a creamy, unique flavor.
- Use whatever veggies you prefer, such as cucumbers, bell peppers, celery, carrots, or zucchini.
- Just make sure the veggies are julienne thin while you’re preparing them.
- Serve the dip with this hoisin nut dip prepared with your choice of peanut butter, almond butter, or even cashew butter.
- Whatever you do, it’s a fun meal to make since you can pretty much add whatever you want. Simply include some kind of fresh herb in the rolls to give them that additional fresh and nutritious taste. Each spring roll is distinct and one-of-a-kind!
Avocado Chicken Spring Rolls
Use low sodium soy sauce for the lowest carb dip. Make the hoisin nut dip for a more decadent dip (separate recipe below). Please read the whole article for additional recipe details. Also, go here for a great picture instruction on how to roll spring rolls.
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless (poached, baked or leftover chicken works great)
- 8 spring roll wrappers made of rice paper
- 1 lettuce head, chopped into big strips or individual leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thin strips
- 1 seeded bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 celery ribs (cut into thin strips) (optional)
- mint, basil, cilantro, or any other fresh herb
Cooking choices for the chicken:
Allow the chicken to cool before cutting it into thin strips, depending on how you cooked it.
Make the hoisin dip ahead of time if serving with it (recipe below).
Gather all of the ingredients for the rolls and prepare your rolling surface. A fantastic picture instruction on how to roll spring rolls can be found here.
To make the spring rolls, fill a large mixing bowl halfway with warm water. Dip each rice paper wrapper in warm water for a few seconds before laying it out on a rolling surface like a cutting board or plate (they will still be slightly stiff).
Begin stacking your fillings on the 1/3 portion of the rice paper wrapper closest to you. Start with the lettuce, then add the avocado, vegetables, herbs, mint, and chicken to the softened spring roll wrapper.
Begin rolling the wrapper away from you over the contents, tucking and rolling the wrapper with your fingers to ensure that all of the fillings stay tight and spherical inside the rice paper wrapper.
Serve with a hoisin sauce dip. Enjoy!
166 calorieskcal, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, S 36 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 482 mg potassium, 3 g fiber, 2 g sugar 782IU Vitamin A, 24mg Vitamin C, 21mg Calcium, 1mg Iron
Course Description: Main Course
Paleo, Vietnamese, and Whole 30 cuisines
Dipping Sauce with Hoisin Nuts
This is a fantastic dip for spring rolls. Please read the whole article for additional recipe details.
To make the Hoisin Nut Dipping Sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce (about – each brand’s consistency varies). So, if necessary, add water to create the dip texture to your liking.)
- 1/4 cup nut butter (peanut, cashew, or almond)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or distilled white vinegar (gluten-free)
- a half teaspoon of sesame oil
Combine all of the dip ingredients (hoisin, peanut butter (or other nut butter), rice vinegar, and sesame oil) in a mixing bowl. To ensure a smooth mix, use a fork.
Refrigerate until ready to use. Serve with spring rolls, egg rolls, and other appetizers.
88 calories, 9 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat, 1 gram of saturated fat, 1 milligram of cholesterol, 315 milligrams of sodium, 73 milligrams of potassium, 1 milligram of fiber, 5 grams of sugar, 9 milligrams of calcium, and 1 milligram of iron
Sauces are the main course.
Paleo, Vietnamese, and Whole 30 cuisines
More low-carb recipes may be found here:
This recipe was first published in 2018, and it was revised in 2020 with a new video. If you try this recipe, please let us know how it turned out in the comments section below. Alternatively, if you have a picture, tag us and post it on social media. We like looking at all of your works!
We may receive money from your qualifying purchases as an Amazon associate and as a partner with other affiliate programs. We may get modest commissions that help cover the expenses of maintaining this website and conducting recipe testing. Thank you very much for your help.
posted in: 30 Minute Recipes, Asian, Chicken Recipes, Easy Meals, Game Day | Party, Low Carb, Main Dishes | Entree, Sauces | Condiments, Side Dishes, Spring Rolls | Egg Rolls, Spring Rolls | Egg Rolls, Spring Rolls | Egg Rolls There are 14 comments.
The low calorie spring roll recipe is a healthy and low-calorie recipe that is perfect for summer. These rolls are not only delicious, but they’re also easy to make.
- vietnamese chicken rice paper rolls
- spring rolls with chicken and vegetables
- healthy spring rolls with chicken
- avocado summer roll calories
- fried chicken spring roll calories