BAKED RIGATONI with Béchamel Sauce |
This recipe is the perfect dinner for a cold winter night. The béchamel sauce is creamy and flavorful, and the rigatoni noodles are soft and chewy.
The pasta bake with bechamel sauce is a recipe that is easy to make and can be customized to your liking. It includes a béchamel sauce, which is a rich white sauce made from butter, flour, milk, and salt.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Béchamel Sauce (four cups)
- 12 pound prosciutto, finely sliced and cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 cup fontina cheese (freshly grated)
- 12 teaspoon salt, plus more salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, plus salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound rigatoni (dry)
- 3 tablespoons chopped unsalted butter
This rich meal is traditionally served as a main course, but in today’s health-conscious world, it may also be served as a starter or as a side dish with something fresher and lighter, such as grilled fish drizzled with lemon juice or grilled beef. This creamy, cheesy meal will make you feel pampered, as if your dining room is the coziest place on the planet.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Using the oil, lightly coat a 13×9-inch glass baking dish. Stir the béchamel sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it is hot (do not allow the sauce to boil). Combine the prosciutto, 12 cup fontina cheese, 12 teaspoon salt, and a sprinkle of white pepper in a mixing bowl. Set aside the cheese sauce.
- A big saucepan of salted water should be brought to a boil. Cook, tossing periodically, until the rigatoni is nearly soft but still firm, approximately 5 minutes (do not cook the pasta to doneness at this stage since it will continue to cook in the oven). Return the spaghetti to the saucepan after draining it. Season the spaghetti mixture with additional salt and pepper to taste after adding the cheese sauce.
- Fill the prepared dish halfway with the pasta mixture, then top with the remaining 12 cup fontina cheese and a dot of butter. (Up to this stage, the spaghetti may be made up to 8 hours ahead of time.) Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Before baking, remove the lid.) Bake the pasta for approximately 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve right away.
This is a recipe for baked rigatoni with béchamel sauce. The dish is made by adding butter, flour, milk, and cheese to the boiling water before it’s added to the pasta. Reference: pasta with meat and béchamel sauce.
- baked rigatoni with meat sauce and ricotta
- pasta with bechamel sauce
- rigatoni with meat sauce recipe
- recipes with bechamel sauce and chicken
- chicken pasta bake with bechamel sauce