Beef stew is a classic dish that has been around for many years. It’s relatively easy to make and can be made with any type of beef or even chicken. This recipe includes cinnamon, which adds a unique flavor to the dish.
Beef stew is a classic dish that has been around for centuries. The beef stew without wine is a recipe that does not call for any wine in the cooking process.
A dish that wonderfully shows the meat and cinnamon’s love for one another. If using fresh pearl onions, parboil them for 30 seconds to soften the skins, making peeling much simpler (or use frozen pearl onions; they’re delicious). Serve with rice or buttered wide noodles.
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- Boneless beef chuck or brisket, 12 to 2 pounds, cut into 1- to 2-inch cubes
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- 1 big sliced onion
- 20 peeled pearl onions, fresh or frozen
- 12 cup dry red wine 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 2 cup homemade chicken or beef stock, or water
- bay leaves (two)
- 2 cloves
- 12 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 can tomato paste, 6 oz.
- a quarter cup of red wine vinegar
- Â Place the oil in a skillet or a lidded frameproof casserole over medium-high heat. Brown the meat on both sides, sprinkling it with salt and pepper as it cooks and only flipping it after each side has been browned. (The beef may also be cooked in the oven.) Remove each piece of meat with a slotted spoon as it browns and put aside.
- Â Pour or spoon off the majority of the grease and gently brown the chopped onion over medium heat. Remove the skin and add it to the meat. Add the pearl onions and brown them rapidly, then remove them and put them aside separately.
- Cook, stirring periodically, for approximately 30 seconds after adding the garlic to the pan. Add the red wine, stock, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, tomato paste, and more salt and pepper to the meat and chopped onion. Cover firmly and reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook for approximately an hour, or until the meat is cooked through.
- Continue to simmer, adding the vinegar and pearl onions as needed, until the meat is extremely soft, about 30 minutes longer. (You may make the meal up to this stage ahead of time and set it aside for a few hours, or cover and chill for up to a day before reheating, adding a little water if required.)
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I add to beef stew for flavor?
You can add in any spices that you would like. Some popular choices are garlic, onion, thyme, bay leaves, black pepper, and parsley.
Is cinnamon good with meat?
No, cinnamon is not good with meat.
What can I add to my stew to make it taste better?
Adding salt to your stew will make it taste better.
- what goes in beef stew
- quick stew meat recipes
- oven beef stew