This chicken fajita salad recipe is low carb and healthy. It has a creamy avocado dressing, with fresh vegetables like bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions.
The chicken fajita salad healthy is a recipe that has been proven to be low carb and healthy. It is made with chicken, bell peppers, onion, and fajita seasoning.
We never tire of chicken fajita salad since it’s a quick, nutritious, and low-carb dinner. If you want a healthier dinner, skip the tortillas and serve the chicken fajitas on a bed of lettuce instead.
Recipe for Low-Carb Chicken Fajita Salad
Fajitas with chicken and fresh tomato salsa over a bed of fresh, green, and crisp lettuce create a delicious low-carb dinner. You may not even need a salad vinaigrette with this easy recipe since it’s already so delicious. If you want to add even more layers of flavor, pour as much cumin lime dressing as you want!
Healthy Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe (Video):
Recipe for Chicken Fajita Salad (How to Make Chicken Fajita Salad)
The chicken fajitas are a quick and easy skillet dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. The cumin lime dressing is light and refreshing, and it pairs well with the fajita salad. Our homemade cumin lime salad dressing is prepared with a blend of spices and may be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. However, the salad dressing recipe only makes enough for one batch of chicken fajitas, so you may not have any leftover.
Is it possible to freeze this recipe?
Yes, you certainly can! This is a wonderful dish for meal prep or making ahead of time. You may reheat it on the stove top after it has frozen out again. You may also heat it up in the microwave. It’s a wonderful simple meal that you can serve in whatever manner you like. This meal prep chicken fajita is perfect for hectic weeknights.
This Salad’s Favorite Toppings:
- Cotija or queso fresco is a kind of Mexican cheese.
- Cheddar cheese (hard)
- roasted pumpkin seeds with reduced carbs
- nuts of your choosing (walnuts, almonds, etc.)
- a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh jalapeos or other chili peppers, minced
Salad with Cumin-Lime Dressing for Chicken Fajitas
15 minutes to prepare
Time to marinate: 20 minutes
Time allotted: 55 minutes
This salad’s dressing stays well in the refrigerator. If you’re going to prepare the salad, make it a day or two ahead of time, or make a big amount to have on hand in case the mood hits or to use with other meals. If you have time, marinate the chicken for a further period of time. Make the dressing, marinade the chicken, and prep the vegetables and lettuce the night before, then just prepare the fajita combination and serve the next day.
Ingredients for Cumin-Lime Dressing
- grape seed oil or canola oil, 1/4 cup (60 ml)
- 1 lime, zest
- fresh lime juice, 2 teaspoons (30 ml)
- 2 garlic cloves (2 garlic cloves), minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) oregano, dry
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (2.5 mL)
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) powdered ginger
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt (5 ml) or to taste
Ingredients for Chicken Fajitas
- 1 pound (4.59 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- grape seed oil or canola oil, 1/4 cup (60 ml) (for marinade, plus more for cooking)
- 3 garlic cloves (3 garlic cloves), minced
- 1 teaspoon (15 mL) lime or lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce, 2 teaspoons (10 ml)
- chile powder, 2 teaspoons (10 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (2.5 mL)
- smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (2.5 mL)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (2.5 ml) or to taste
- 1 (1 ) sliced onion
- 1 big (1 large) seeded and thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1 jalapeo pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
Ingredients for Salad
- 1-2 (1-2) lettuce heads, cleaned and torn or chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup salsa (240 mL) – optional
Preparation of the Dressing: (This can be done well in advance)
Combine all dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl (oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, optional ginger, salt, and pepper). Set aside after thoroughly mixing everything together.
Make the Fajitas de Pollo de Pollo de Pollo de Pollo de Pollo
To make the marinade for the chicken, combine the following ingredients in a mixing bowl. 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil, garlic, lime or lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl
Cover and refrigerate for approximately 20 minutes after adding the chicken to the marinade and tossing it to fully coat it.
To prepare the chicken, heat a large skillet over high heat and coat with approximately 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook until the onions are gently brown and nearly tender (about 1 minute). Add the bell peppers and onion and cook until the peppers and onion are slightly browned. Cook for 1 minute to gently soften the minced jalapeos (optional), then remove the peppers/onion combination from the pan and put aside.
Place the marinated chicken in the same pan over high heat. If you add the extra marinade fluids, the chicken will lose its charred and crispy texture. You may add the extra marinade if you want a wetter fajita mixture.
Cook, turning periodically, until chicken is cooked through, then return the pepper/onion combination to the pan with the chicken. Cook for 1 minute longer, or until the onions are heated and the mixture is well mixed.
Allow for some cooling time before adding the chicken fajitas to the salad.
289 calories, 9 grams of carbohydrates, 18 grams of protein, 21 grams of fat, 2 grams of saturated fat, 48 milligrams of cholesterol, 712 milligrams of sodium, 526 milligrams of potassium, 2 grams of fiber, 5 grams of sugar
Salad as a side dish to the main course
American, Low-Carb, and Mexican cuisines
More of our –> Low Carb Salad Recipes may be found here.
Our second website —> Amazing Mexican Recipes —> may be found here.
We may receive money from your qualifying purchases as an Amazon associate and as a partner with other affiliate programs. We may get modest commissions that help cover the expenses of maintaining this website and conducting recipe testing. Thank you very much for your help.
- low carb recipes
- chicken fajita salad keto
- low calorie chicken fajita salad
- chicken fajita salad with avocado dressing
- calories in chicken fajita salad (no shell)