Chicken Piccata – Easy Chicken Piccata & Chicken Piccata with Capers
Chicken Piccata is a popular Italian dish of boneless chicken breasts (usually chicken thighs are used) that is sautéed in a vegetable-based sauce containing capers, tomatoes, and sometimes lemon juice. Traditionally, it is served with spaghetti or fettuccine and garnished with chopped parsley.
Chicken Piccata is one of those dishes that a lot of people consider to be a bit of an Italian staple. But is it really one of those dishes that everyone should know how to make? The answer is yes. And, in fact, this recipe is so easy to make that it’s really just a matter of frying up some chicken, adding some vegetables, and reducing some of the liquid.
Chicken piccata is a one-skillet meal that is very easy to prepare, and it’s also very delicious. It’s a dish that tastes great when you’re having people over for dinner or if you’re just looking for something quick and easy to make.
Piccata de Pollo: This dish only needs few ingredients to prepare and it is full of flavor. This Chicken Piccata is flavorful & simple, and it’s a perfect recipe to impress your friends, girlfriend/boyfriend, and even your families. The taste is so good when we combine lemon & garlic together with a fresh parsley & butter during serving. It is so delicious & simple and It’s also perfect for a quick Weeknight meal!
What is Chicken Piccata, and how do you make it?
Piccata is an Italian term that is derived from the word piccato, and it is the feminine version of the word piccato, which means “annoyed.” When we use this phrase in the context of food, it refers to fish or meat that has been sautéed, sliced, and served with a butter, lemon, and spice sauce. In Italian, scaloppine refers to a thin escalope of meat, while piccata refers to one cooking technique for this cut of meat.
As we all know, Chicken Piccata is typically prepared with white wine in the sauce, and the sauce is so delicious that you will drink it directly from the pan without even putting it in a plate. If you don’t have any wine on hand, this meal may easily be made using chicken broth.
In 20–25 minutes or less, you may have chicken piccata on the table. When we speak about chicken piccata, we’re mostly talking about chicken breast cutlets that have been dipped/thrown into flour, browned, and served with a sauce of lemon juice, butter, capers, and white wine or stock. Check out the recipe for Chicken Piccata with Capers below.
The lemon and butter are the key ingredients here, since they make the sauce so creamy and give it such a fresh and wonderful flavor. Chicken Piccata may be served over pasta since the chicken has a wonderful breading on the exterior that adds to the flavor of the meal.
What Is the Best Way to Make Chicken Piccata?
- Place the chicken in a resealable plastic bag or a ziplock bag. Zip it up with flour. To coat your chicken, give it a good shake.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes, until the chicken is browned on both sides.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until garlic is soft.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, adding stock, lemon juice, capers, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts.
Still famished!! Here are some chicken dishes to try:
Chicken Piccata is flavorful and a simple dish. It tastes is so good when we combine lemon & garlic together with a fresh parsley & butter during serving.
10 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to approximately 1/2-inch thickness.
- On both sides of the floured chicken breasts, season with cayenne, black pepper, and salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in the pan until it is cooked through and browned on both sides, approximately 5 minutes (on medium heat).
- Cook capers in leftover oil until warmed through, gently crushing them for 30 seconds to release brine.
- Pour white wine into the skillet and scrape any browned pieces from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the liquid has been reduced by half.
- Cook and whisk constantly for 2 minutes to create a thick sauce, adding butter, lemon juice, and water to the reduced wine mixture. Stir the parsley into the sauce over low heat.
- Return the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, or until well warm. Serve immediately with the sauce spooned over the top.
So, guys, I hope you like my Chicken Piccata Recipe, which I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken lovers searching for a Chicken Piccata. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, don’t forget to like us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram!
Please pass this recipe along!
In this post we’ll show you how to cook Chicken Piccata – a traditional Italian dish. There are many versions of Chicken Piccata, but this one is a classic. It’s the type of dish you’ll find in every Italian family’s kitchen, and it’s perfect for a weekend dinner.. Read more about chicken piccata with pasta and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between chicken piccata and chicken piccata?
Chicken piccata is a dish that consists of chicken, capers, lemon juice, and white wine. Chicken piccata is often served with pasta or rice.
What kind of sauce is used in chicken piccata?
Chicken piccata is a dish that uses lemon, capers, and butter as the primary ingredients.
Why is my chicken piccata bitter?
There is a possibility that your chicken piccata was overcooked.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- easy chicken piccata
- chicken piccata recipe
- chicken piccata
- easy chicken piccata recipe
- chicken piccata recipes