Chicken Quesadillas – [EASY] Mexican Chicken Quesadilla
The best part about quesadillas is the fact that they are one of the easiest (and tastiest) dishes to make. This particular recipe is for a chicken quesadillas prepared with shredded chicken and cheese.
Everyone loves a good quesadilla, but the key to making them more enticing is to master the art of flavor and create a dish that is just as tasty as the ones you would buy on a restaurant menu. This quesadilla recipe is the perfect example of this; it’s a light, savory dish that can be made for a quick and easy meal, and with a little bit of effort you can make it taste just like the restaurants.
Chicken Quesadillas, or “Quesadilla Espanolas” as they’re known in Spain, are one of the most popular recipes in Mexico. There are a number of variations on the classic chicken and cheese casserole, but this one is by far the most famous. The key to a perfect Chicken Quesadilla is flour tortillas that are lightly fried in oil first, then quickly warmed in a hot oven.
Chicken Quesadilla – These simple, nutritious Mexican chicken quesadillas are packed with chicken, vegetables, and melting cheese, making them a great family dinner.
You may prepare the mixture ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to serve, assemble and grill the chicken quesadillas, and they’ll be ready in minutes.
- I’m using chicken breasts, but you could use rotisserie chicken, ground chicken, turkey, or grilled chicken instead.
- Use carrots or zucchini instead of bell pepper if you don’t like it.
- Any melted cheese will do, but if you’re lactose sensitive, leave it out.
- You may use normal flour or whole wheat tortillas, or any combination of the two.
What is the best way to prepare Quesadillas de Pollo with Pollo de Pollo de Pollo de Pollo de?
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Is it possible to save the leftovers?
Absolutely! Put them in an airtight jar and keep them in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Reheat on a nonstick pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese has melted and become crispy again.
Can These Chicken Quesadillas Be Freezed?
You can, however I don’t suggest freezing it since the texture and quality would be compromised.
What kind of cheese should I use?
Cheddar, Monterrey Jack, Asadero, Oaxaca, or Colby Jack cheese will all work.
With these chicken quesadillas, what should you serve?
I prefer to serve them with salsa and sour cream, but guacamole or pico de gallo are other good options.
Check out some of my other Mexican recipes:
These simple, nutritious Mexican chicken quesadillas are filled with chicken, vegetables, and melting cheese, making them a great family dinner.
20 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
6 out of 10 based on 6 reviews (s)
- 1 1/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tsp olive oil (distributed)
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 tortillas (flour) (about 10-inch burrito size)
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (6 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz.)
- Cumin powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper are used to season the chicken.
- Over medium-high heat, heat a nonstick skillet. 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil When the pan is heated, add the chicken and cook, rotating periodically, for approximately 6 minutes or until completely cooked through. Place in a dish and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes, or until red onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper are soft. Cook for a further minute after adding the garlic.
- Transfer the chicken to the chicken bowl, add the lime juice, and toss to coat.
- Wipe out the pan and melt the butter. Add the tortillas, greased side down, to the griddle. Alternatively, you may melt the butter separately and then brush the tortillas with it.
- Combine the cheddar and Monterrey cheeses and spread 1/2 cup over each tortilla, followed by 3/4 cup of the chicken mixture.
- Fold the top half of the tortilla over and repeat with the second tortilla (You can make 2 on the same skillet).
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom, then turn and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown on the other side.
- Done! Serve each quesadilla in two or three slices with salsa or guacamole.
Still famished!! Other chicken dishes to try:
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this Chicken Quesadilla Recipe which I make on weekly basis. All the Chicken Lovers who are looking for Chicken Quesadilla will enjoy this recipe. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, etc. You may also like our Chicken Stew & Szechuan Chicken recipes.
Please pass this recipe along!
Quesadilla is a tortilla filled with a variety of different ingredients like cheese, meat, vegetables, and more. It is a popular Mexican dish in which a tortilla is dipped in a mixture of cheese and Mexican spices and then grilled or grilled with cheese on top.. Read more about taco bell chicken quesadilla recipe and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- chicken quesadilla recipe
- chicken quesadilla
- authentic mexican chicken quesadilla recipe
- best chicken quesadilla recipe
- taco bell chicken quesadilla recipe