This creamy turkey vegetable soup recipe is a low carb, gluten free, and vegan dish that’s perfect for the fall!
Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe is a low-carb, flavorful soup that is perfect for fall and winter. The soup is made with turkey, vegetables, and cream. Read more in detail here: low carb turkey stew.
This dish for creamy turkey vegetable soup is filling and delicious! This will keep you happy and toasty if you make a large pot of it.
Soup with Turkey, Vegetables, and Cream
We’ll make creamy soup with any leftover turkey or chicken! I like being able to add any veggies we want and turn it into a hearty soup. It’s so full and delicious that you could eat it as a meal! Simply serve with a side salad for a delicious low-carb soup supper in minutes. This soup is much simpler to prepare if you have leftover turkey from Thanksgiving! Alternatively, if you have leftover roast chicken, now is the time to turn it into a creamy chicken soup.
Low-Carb Soup with Turkey and Vegetables in a Creamy Sauce (Video)
Soup with Turkey and Vegetables
- Cook the onions, garlic, and vegetables in a skillet.
- Add the cooked turkey or chicken, shredded. Yes, chicken may be used!
- Allow the soup to come to a simmer with the broth and cream/cornstarch combination.
- Simply cut out the potatoes if you want to make this a very low carb or KETO soup. For a low-carb variation, add spinach, kale, or celery.
- More information about the dish may be found in the recipe box below, which you can print off.
Is It Possible to Freeze This Soup?
Yes, this is a wonderful dish to prepare ahead of time and freeze. We prefer to put them in tiny freezer-safe containers and freeze them. We arrange the day ahead of time when we’re ready to eat. Remove the frozen soup from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator to defrost. Then, when it’s time to reheat, just pour it into a saucepan.
Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
30 minutes to prepare
Time allotted: 45 minutes
Instead of milk, add half-and-half or cream to make a richer soup base. Many non-dairy milks, especially unsweetened, work well in this soup. You may also use cooked chicken instead of turkey. Simply cut out the potatoes if you want to make this a very low carb or KETO soup. For a low-carb variation, add spinach, kale, or celery.
- 8 oz. (227 g) cooked turkey flesh, broken or chopped into bite-size pieces (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 2 tblsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion (1/2 ) diced
- 3 garlic cloves (3 garlic cloves), minced or crushed
- 4 oz. (113 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium (1 medium) peeled and chopped potato (optional)
- 1 big (1 large) carrot, sliced (optional)
- 2 celery stalks (2 stalks) chopped
- salt to taste, 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml)
- a quarter teaspoon (1.25 ml) freshly cracked black pepper, or to taste
- dried thyme, 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml)
- dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml)
- 4 cups chicken broth (950 mL) or turkey broth
- milk, 1/2 cup (120 ml)
- corn starch, 2 tablespoons (30 ml)
- 2 tblsp (30 ml) parsley, minced
Add oil to a big saucepan that has been heated over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, until the onions and garlic are softened, approximately 1 minute.
Cook for 3 minutes after adding the mushrooms, potato, carrots, and celery. Season with salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano after adding the cooked turkey pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and milk. The broth and milk combination should then be added to the soup. Stir and bring to a boil to thicken the soup, then reduce to a low heat to keep it at a simmer.
Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the veggies are tender, the soup has thickened, and the flavors have melded. Add the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
154 calorieskcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 43mg, Sodium: 829mg, Potassium: 365mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 207IU, Vitamin C: 15mg, Calcium: 50mg, Iron: 1mg, Vitamin A: 207IU, Vitamin C: 15mg, Calcium
Soup is the main course.
Low-carb American cuisine
This recipe was first published in 2019, and it was updated in 2020.
More delicious low-carb recipes:
On Best Recipe Box, you can find the rest of our soup recipes.
We may receive money from your qualifying purchases as an Amazon associate and as a partner with other affiliate programs. We may get modest commissions that help cover the expenses of maintaining this website and conducting recipe testing. Thank you very much for your help.
This creamy turkey vegetable soup is a healthy, low-carb recipe. It’s easy to make and will have you coming back for more. Reference: healthy cream of turkey soup.
- low carb creamy turkey soup
- easy low carb soup recipes
- calories in turkey soup without noodles
- keto turkey soup
- keto vegetable soup with ground turkey