German Carrot Salad (Grandma’s Recipe) |
Countless recipes exist for various carrot salads, but few are as tasty as the Grandma’s recipe. It is one of the best salads you will ever taste. Ingredients are simple and consist of basic fresh vegetables. The idea of the salad is to serve it hot, so you can add any type of meat or fish to the salad.
This is a Grandma’s German Carrot Salad recipe, a tasty and refreshing perfect for summer. There are so many types of salads and one that prefers German Carrot Salad recipe. Germans have a special love for salads, and are particularly fond of this dish. And it is nothing other than a salad with carrots and lettuce. This salad tastes just like a salad you can get at a restaurant, but it can be made at home in a few minutes.
A simple, warm salad that brings a smile to everyones face! This recipe was tested for a long time before posting, but finally it was finished in the end of August 2014. The goal is to show how to make this salad with a lot of love for your family, as it is a simple recipe, but also a classic one. The ingredients are simple and easy to find, the salad is tasty and healthy, and it is very easy to make.
A Family Favorite Is This Delectable German Carrot Salad!
A traditional carrot salad is a wonderful place to start if you’re looking for a delicious way to use up some carrots.
Lisa grew up eating this salad, which her German grandmother called “Rübchensalat.” This carrot salad is made with freshly cooked carrots, onion, and basic seasonings and makes a delicious side dish!
This easy carrot salad is a delicious side dish!
There are many more “carrot salad” variants from all across Europe. Using a grater to shred or grate the carrots is a common way to create carrot salad.
This is the one Lisa’s grandma used to make, so we went with it – but you may definitely try a different one. We’ll write it up on this site if we make it!
Carrot salad is a simple meal with a straightforward history. Carrots, like other root vegetables, are very inexpensive and simple to produce, are high in nutrients, store well, and may be cooked, stewed, pickled, preserved, and more.
Carrots were formerly a popular option for impoverished areas throughout Europe due to their flexibility, similar to how potatoes became a staple food.
All you need is a serving spoon and you’re ready to go!
This German carrot salad may be a wonderful complement to any meal, no matter what the occasion. Carrots’ mild, fresh taste goes nicely with heartier, heavier dishes, such as meats (Schnitzel, perhaps?).
You may also vary the spices used; we like just salt and pepper with chives if we have them on hand. You might, however, add some garlic powder or even chili powder for a kick!
Recipes that are similar
If you like this salad dish, we have a few more for you. Try out the following:
- 2 pound carrots
- 1 yellow onion, tiny
- 4 tbsp oil (vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- a half teaspoon of salt (more to taste)
- cayenne (to taste)
- garnish with chives or parsley, if desired
- Carrots should be peeled and sliced into tiny rings. If you don’t have a mandoline, use a four-sided box grater with the “slicing side.” If you don’t have a food processor, a knife will suffice; just make sure your slices are extremely thin.
- A small onion should be peeled and coarsely chopped.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring water to a boil, then add the carrot slices and a touch of salt. Cook for 7-8 minutes on medium heat. The carrot slices should be cooked but still somewhat firm.
- Drain and put aside the carrots in a dish.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the same pot (or pan) and sauté the onions for 3 minutes, or until transparent.
- Toss the onions in with the carrots while they’re still heated. 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste Combine all of the ingredients.
- Allow for at least 2 hours for the salad to chill for the flavors to blend. After the salad has cooled for about 30 minutes, place it in the fridge to chill for the remainder of the time.
- Take the carrot salad out of the fridge after two hours and stir it again. To taste, season with additional salt and/or pepper. You may also add some chives or parsley to the salad as a garnish.
Information about nutrition:
Approximately 5 servings 1 Serving Size: 1 Serving Size: 1 Serving Size: 1 Serving Size: 1 Serving Size: 1 Serving Size 167 calories 11g total fat 1 gram of saturated fat 0g trans fat 10 g of unsaturated fat 0 mg cholesterol 339 mg sodium 17g carbohydrate 6 g of fiber 7 g sugar 2 g protein
An online nutrition calculator was used to determine this nutritional information. It should only be used as a guideline and not as a substitute for expert dietary guidance. Depending on the particular components used, the exact values may vary.
How did this recipe turn out for you?
You may save it to one of your Pinterest boards and come back to it at any time!
[redacted] was a great grandma and she was a really good cook. This is her recipe for the German Carrot Salad.. Read more about carrot salad recipe south africa and let us know what you think.