Keto Bourbon Chicken – Easy Chinese Low Carb Bourbon Chicken
It was a busy week in the kitchen, and I didn’t have time to cook. So I was looking for some easy Chinese food recipes to make for myself and my family, and this keto bourbon chicken recipe caught my eye. I got rave reviews when I served it up at my mom’s birthday dinner. Everyone loved this easy Chinese food recipe. It was easy to make and easy on the carbs. I plan on making this again soon.
For those who have been following the low carb lifestyle, you will know that Chinese food is one of the foods you can eat. The problem with most Chinese food that you can find is that they are loaded with calories, carbs and sugar. But, if you are following a low carb diet, you will also know that Chinese food can be delicious and easy to make.
A quick delicious recipe for you today. I was inspired by a recent experience and created a new Asian dinner recipe. I decided to go low carb, and make a Chinese Low Carb Bourbon Chicken dish.
Keto Bourbon Chicken — For an easy low-carb supper, make this low-carb bourbon chicken on the stovetop, in the instant pot, or in the slow cooker. It’s rich in protein, sweet and delicious, and served over cauliflower rice.
What does Bourbon Chicken entail?
The name of this dish comes from Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana, and one of the major flavoring ingredients is bourbon whiskey. At Chinese and Cajun-themed restaurants, this keto Chinese bourbon chicken is extremely popular.
Instant Pot Keto Bourbon Chicken
This dish may be prepared on the stovetop (see instructions below in the recipe card), but it can also be made in an instant pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to the sauté setting.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil and saute the chicken for approximately 4-5 minutes, until it is browned.
- Pressure cook for approximately 30 minutes after adding the other items.
- Allow the pressure to naturally relax once it’s over. Return the Instant Pot to sauté mode after removing the cover.
- To thicken the sauce, stir it periodically.
- Serve and have fun!
Slow Cooker Keto Bourbon Chicken
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and place it in the slow cooker.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Cook the sauce on high heat for approximately an hour without a cover to thicken it.
- Serve and have fun!
Is it possible to keep this low-carb Bourbon Street Chicken in the refrigerator?
The leftovers may be readily stored for another great Chinese dinner. Allow the chicken to cool to room temperature before storing it in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
How Do You Reheat This Low-Carb Chinese Bourbon Chicken?
- Heat a skillet over medium heat on the stovetop. Apply a little coat of oil to the surface. Stir in the chicken for approximately 5 minutes, or until it is well cooked.
- Microwave – Place the chicken in a microwave-safe container and heat for a few minutes, or until well warmed.
- In the Oven – Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken in an oven-safe container and bake for 8–10 minutes.
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
Time to cook: 20 minutes
25-minute total time
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- coconut oil (two teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup bone broth from chickens
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, fine
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- a quarter cup of tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- Swerve Confectioners, 1/3 cup
- a quarter teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (apple cider) (or coconut vinegar)
- Scallions, cut diagonally
- Seeds of sesame
- Chicken should be cut into bite-sized pieces. Dry the chicken with a paper towel and season it on both sides with salt.
- Over medium-high heat, heat a large wok or cast-iron pan. Pour in the coconut oil.
- Add the chicken pieces to the heated oil and stir-fry for approximately 4 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a plate to cool.
- Add the broth, tomato sauce, coconut aminos, swerve confectioners, vinegar, ginger, red pepper flakes, and crushed garlic to the same skillet or wok. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Return the chicken to the pan and continue to cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve warm over a bed of cauliflower rice or low carb fried rice, garnished with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
Products to Consider
I earn money from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate and as a member of other affiliate programs.
Information on nutrition
Size of the Serving
1 mug (8 oz.) Calories per serving (per serving): 530 28g total fat 12g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 15 g of unsaturated fat 277mg Cholesterol 4823mg sodium 8g Carbohydrates Carbohydrates (net): 5 g 2 g fiber 2 g sugar 65 g protein
All Chicken Dishes.com provides nutritional information for some of the recipes on the site. This data is given as a courtesy and is just a rough approximation. This data is derived from internet calculators. Despite the fact that allchickenrecipes.com makes every effort to offer correct nutritional information, these numbers are just approximations.
Have you tried this recipe yet?
Please post a picture on Pinterest or leave a comment on the blog.
Still famished! Other keto chicken dishes to try:
Guys, I hope you like this keto bourbon chicken maria emmerich variation that I prepare on a regular basis. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for a low-carb bourbon chicken. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it.
Please pass this recipe along!
Bourbon chicken is a keto-friendly Chinese dish that is not only delicious but also very easy to prepare. This bourbon chicken recipe includes a delicious sauce made up of chicken and peppers, which is topped with crispy bacon and served over a bed of steamed rice, which makes for a very satisfying dinner.. Read more about keto crockpot bourbon chicken and let us know what you think.