September 26, 2021 Una JohnsonFood
Grated Sweet Potato Cake With Coconut Topping |
This cake is vegan and gluten-free, so it’s perfect for those with dietary restrictions. It’s also a healthy dessert option that won’t weigh you down.
This cake is a delightful combination of sweet and savory flavors. The coconut topping is the perfect accompaniment to this dish.
- 12 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons powdered baking soda
- 12 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 12 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- a quarter-teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 14 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 cup vegetable or corn oil
- a dozen big eggs
- 12 cup raw sweet potato, roughly grated (about one 8-ounce potato)
- 14 cup of water
- 1 cup pecans, black walnuts, or wild hickory nuts, roughly chopped
- a quarter-cup of sugar
- a third of a cup of cornstarch
- a quarter teaspoon of salt
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz.)
- 1 cup grated or flakes coconut, sweetened
- 12 tablespoons extract de vanille
This sweet potato dish, which is similar to but better than carrot cake, may be the most delectable of all the sweet potato recipes to come out of the South.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with nonstick oil-and-flour baking spray.
- To make the cake: Set aside a big sheet of wax paper with the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt sifted on it.
- In a large electric mixer bowl, beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and oil for 1 minute on medium speed, or until thoroughly mixed. One by one, beat in the eggs. Mix the sifted dry ingredients, grated sweet potatoes, water, and pecans together by hand.
- Scoop the mixture into the pan, spreading it out to the corners, and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the cake is springy to the touch and starts to pull away from the pan’s edges, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack, right side up.
- Prepare the topping in the meantime: In a medium-sized heavy pot, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add the milk and simmer, whisking continuously, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and shines, over medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the coconut and vanilla extract. Spread over the cake right away, then set aside to cool for 10 minutes or until the topping is firm.
- Cut the cake into rectangles to serve, but keep them small since the cake is very rich.
This cake is a delicious, healthy dessert that will satisfy any sweet tooth. The coconut topping adds the perfect touch to the cake. Reference: sweet potato cake with marshmallow frosting recipe.
- southern living sweet potato cake
- sweet potato cake with marshmallow frosting
- 3 ingredient sweet potato cake
- sweet potato frosting
- sweet potato coconut cake