Green Beans with Portobello Mushrooms and Bacon |
The portobello mushrooms are sautéed in bacon fat, then served with green beans and a balsamic reduction.
Green beans with portobello mushrooms and bacon is a delicious dish that can be made in less than 20 minutes.
- 12 pound trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths green beans
- 4 portobello mushrooms, big (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons oil (vegetable)
- 14 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 4 oz. smoked bacon, cut (typically 1 slice equals 1 oz.)
- a quarter-teaspoon of salt
- 14 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Green beans and bacon complement each other like turkey and gravy.
- Over high heat, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Return the pot to a boil with the green beans. Cook for 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Using cold running water, drain and rinse. (You may prepare the green beans up to this stage up to 1 day ahead of time.) Using paper towels, pat the green beans dry. Refrigerate them after wrapping them in a double layer of paper towels and placing them in a big self-sealing plastic bag.)
- Remove the stems from each mushroom and cut them into 12-inch rounds crosswise. Scrape the delicate, dark brown gills off the bottom of each mushroom cap with a teaspoon and cut into 14-inch-thick strips.
- 2 tablespoons oil, heated in a 12-inch nonstick pan over medium heat Cook, turning often, until the mushroom stems and caps are lightly browned and soft, approximately 5 minutes. Cook, stirring often, until the shallots are softened, approximately 2 minutes. Place the chicken on a dish and put it aside. (The mushrooms may be prepared up to 2 hours ahead of time and stored at room temperature, lightly covered.)
- Place the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet and tilt to coat the pan. Place the bacon on top and cook over medium heat. Cook, flipping the bacon periodically, until it is crisp and golden, approximately 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain using a slotted spatula. The bacon drippings should be kept in the skillet. Allow the bacon to cool before chopping it roughly and setting it aside. (The bacon and its drippings may be prepared and stored at room temperature for up to 2 hours.)
- Heat the bacon drippings in the pan over medium heat until they sizzle. Cover with the green beans and mushrooms. Cook, stirring periodically, for approximately 5 minutes, or until well cooked. Season with salt and pepper after adding the bacon. Immediately transfer to a hot serving dish and serve.
Green beans with spinach, mushrooms, and bacon is a dish that has a lot of flavor. It’s great for those who are looking for something new to try. Reference: green beans spinach mushrooms.
- green beans with bacon and mushrooms
- green beans and mushrooms
- green beans with bacon and onion
- roasted green beans and mushrooms
- green beans, mushrooms onions