GRILLED SQUID WITH SPICY ORANGE- HONEY SAUCE |
Grilled squid with spicy orange-honey sauce is a dish that can be served as an appetizer or main course. The honey and orange flavors in this dish are balanced by the light, crispiness of the lemon and garlic.
Grilled squid with spicy orange-honey sauce is a recipe that combines sweet and sour flavors. The honey sauce adds a touch of sweetness while the citrusy flavor from the calamari gives the dish a tangy taste. Read more in detail here: spicy calamari sauce.
GRILLED SQUID is another Mediterranean staple. One of my favorite flavor combinations is citrus, honey, and vinegar, a Mediterranean take on sweet and sour.
- 5 pound unclean big squid, or 212 pound cleaned or frozen large squid (the bodies or tubes should be 5 to 6 inches long)
- 12 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tblsp balsamic vinaigrette
- a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- season with salt to taste
- Brushing the grill rack with vegetable oil
- honey (three tablespoons)
- Place the squid on a chopping board and use a sharp knife to remove the heads and tentacles if using dirty squid. Remove and discard the inner cartilage from each squid’s body (it’s the long white piece).
- Remove the hard tiny ball within the tentacles by cutting the tentacles immediately below the eyes. Wash the squid bodies well in cold water before removing the purple membrane.
- Allow the squid to soak in the liquid for 1 hour, covered and at room temperature, after whisking together the orange juice, vinegar, cayenne, and salt.
- Preheat the grill to high. The grill rack should be oiled. Â With a slotted spoon, remove the squid and wipe dry with paper towels.
- Whisk the honey into the marinade and set aside.
- On the grill, place the squid and tentacles. To sear the squid, press down with a hefty spatula for 3 to 4 minutes each side. Coat the squid with the marinade, grill for 30 seconds, flip with tongs, brush the other side with the marinade, and remove. Reverse the process until all of the squid has been cooked. The tentacles will take approximately 2 minutes to complete.
Grilled squid with spicy orange-honey sauce is a delicious dish. It’s easy to make and the honey in the sauce adds an extra flavor. Reference: squid soy sauce.
- spicy orange sauce recipe
- japanese calamari dipping sauce recipe
- calamari dipping sauce aioli
- orange shrimp sauce recipe
- olive garden calamari dipping sauce recipe