This is a low carb and keto Scotch egg recipe. It’s very easy to make, but it takes a little bit of time.
This recipe for keto scotch eggs air fryer is a low-carb, ketogenic, and gluten-free recipe. It uses the air fryer to cook the scotch eggs in butter and coconut oil.
Our scotch eggs recipe is delicious and simple to prepare. These keto scotch eggs are packed with protein and make an excellent breakfast, brunch, or snack.
Scotch Eggs are a kind of egg that originated in Scotland.
Boiling eggs are wrapped in sausage and then cooked in this low-carb scotch eggs dish. These delectable eggs may be breaded, deep-fried, roasted, or air-fried after that. We’ve prepared them in a variety of ways, and they’re all wonderful. They’re very simple to prepare for breakfast, brunch, or a low-carb dinner. The best part is that by using pork rinds for the crust, you can create scotch eggs that are keto or extremely low carb. They may be prepared ahead of time and eaten for lunch or supper. They’re delicious at any time of day! Scotch egg origins are fascinating, and you can learn more about their culinary history here.
Watch this video to learn how to make Super Easy Scotch Eggs.
What is the best low-carb breading?
There are many low carb or keto breading alternatives. Pick your favorite low-carb breading: Pork rinds, almond flour, or coconut flour, crushed Make sure to use olive oil to coat the almond or coconut flour coating. Crushed pig rinds are our favorite because they cook crispier than almond or coconut flour. Coconut flour has a propensity to harden and stiffen up when cooked.
Scotch Eggs Recipe (How to Make Scotch Eggs)
- Boil the eggs until they’re done to your liking. If you want soft cooked eggs, wrap the sausage around the egg before cooking it. As a result, it’s preferable to boil the yolk until it’s firm.
- Boil the eggs and wrap them with sausage. The more sausage you wrap around the boiled egg, the less likely it is that it will split during baking. Sausage with a higher fat content shrinks and separates more easily. If you do this, just boil fewer eggs and extend the cooking time to ensure the sausage is fully cooked.
- Cook the scotch eggs in the oven until the sausage is done and the crust is crunchy.
- For a low carb keto breakfast or brunch, top with spicy sauce and/or mustard.
Here’s a recipe for mind-blowing air fryer cooked eggs, as well as another low-carb cloud egg dish.
Scotch Eggs with Low Carbs
Scotch eggs are a delicious breakfast or brunch option. You may use whatever kind of sausage you like, such as sweet Italian, breakfast sausage, chicken apple, and so on. Use 5 hard boiled eggs if you want more sausage around the egg. Use 6 eggs if you like the thickness seen in the pictures.
- 1 pound bulk sausage (uncooked)
- 5-6 peeled hard cooked eggs
- 1-2 big beaten raw eggs
- a third of a cup of low-carb breading, or more if necessary (crushed pork rinds, almond flour or coconut flour)
- For coating, use an oil spray.
- Mustard and/or Hot Sauce for serving (optional)
TIP: To enhance the taste of your sausage, combine it with Worcestershire sauce, fresh parsley, and other spices. If not, plain bulk sausage is still delicious! You may skip the coatings to save calories (beaten egg & breading).
318 calorieskcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 240mg, Sodium: 589mg, Potassium: 250mg, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 313IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 32mg, Iron: 1mg, Vitamin A: 313IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 32mg,
Breakfast is the first course.
Low Carb/Keto Cuisine
We may receive money from your qualifying purchases as an Amazon associate and as a partner with other affiliate programs. We may get modest commissions that help cover the expenses of maintaining this website and conducting recipe testing. Thank you very much for your help.
posted in: Appetizers, 30 Minute Recipes, Easter, Easy Meals, Eggs, Giveaways, Holiday, Keto, Low Carb, Paleo, Pork, Side Dishes 4 responses
This recipe for Low Carb Keto Scotch Eggs Recipe will have you thinking about your next meal. The pork rinds are a great low carb option to use in this dish. Reference: keto scotch eggs pork rinds.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many carbs are in a Scotch egg?
A Scotch egg has approximately 130 calories, and is made up of about 6 carbs.
How many carbs are in a mini Scotch egg?
A mini Scotch egg has a total of 10.6 grams of carbs.
Do you count carbs in eggs on keto?
No, the ketogenic diet is not concerned with counting carbs in eggs.