I’ve been on a low carb diet for nearly two years now. And I love it! I’ve lost a ton of weight (around 75 lbs so far) and I’m much healthier than I was when I was eating a “typical” American diet. But when I was on the low carb diet, I missed my favorite comfort foods. Like Bacon-Wrapped Chicken and Waffles. But as much as I love the low carb version, I don’t want to give up my fried chicken and waffles just to eat them a few times a year on special occasions.
The keto diet is a low carb, high fat diet that has been proven to help with weight loss. There are many studies and research that shows the health benefits of this diet. This recipe is a great keto diet meal idea! There are many different ideas for keto meals and this one is a great one!
Waffles are one of those simple foods that people love, yet crazy diets exist that tell you they can’t be healthy. So, we decided to give them a try and see if they could save us from the stigma attached to them.. Read more about keto chicken chaffles and let us know what you think.
Keto Chicken and Waffles — Crispy on the exterior and tender on the inside, these low-carb chicken and waffles are a winner. You may enjoy this keto chicken waffle with wonderful low carb syrup for breakfast with just 4-5 grams of net carbohydrates.
What Kind of Chicken Should You Use?
You may use any kind of chicken, from boneless to bone-in, but I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into tenders for this recipe.
Note: If you’re using different chicken pieces, you may need to modify the total cooking time.
To prepare the crispy fried chicken, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- Tenders of boneless, skinless chicken
- Almond Flour, Blanched
- powdered garlic
- seasoning with salt and pepper
- pepper cayenne
- powdered onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Place the almond flour in the first shallow bowl and the beaten egg in the second.
- Combine onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper in the third bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the almond flour, then the egg mixture, and finally the spice combination.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and crispy on the exterior, turning halfway through.
If you don’t have a waffle maker, here’s how to make waffles.
Yes, you read it correctly. You can create waffles without a waffle maker; instead, we’ll use a grill pan. Here’s how:
- 1 waffle batter batch
- Heat the grill pan over medium-high heat until it is very hot.
- Brush the pan with butter, then scoop the batter into a circle and distribute evenly (or whatever shape you like)
- Reduce heat to low to prevent burning on the exterior, and cook until bubbles appear on top and the edges seem to be dry.
- Use a spatula to flip the waffle and push down (with the back of your spatula) so that it sticks to the ridges in the pan.
- Transfer to a wire rack after a few minutes of cooking or until done.
What Should You Serve With Keto Chicken and Waffles?
Serve the waffles with the fried chicken tenders and some sugar-free maple syrup (like this one) or mustard on the side. If you add pieces of bacon to the waffles and sandwich them with another waffle, you may create keto chicken and bacon waffles.
Chicken and Waffles on a Keto Diet (Low Carb)
The exterior of these low-carb keto chicken and waffles is crispy, while the interior is soft. You may enjoy this keto chicken waffle with wonderful low carb syrup for breakfast with just 4-5 grams of net carbohydrates.
20 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
To make the waffles, combine the following ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat the waffle iron to high temperature.
- In one dish, mix together baking powder, flour, and salt; in another, whisk together eggs, cream, and other ingredients.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry until everything is well mixed.
- Spray the waffle machine lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter into waffle maker and cook for 5 minutes, or until steam stops or slows down a little.
- Remove the waffle from the waffle maker and continue with the remaining batter, regreasing the iron in between.
For the chicken, prepare as follows:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour and spices in a shallow dish, and whisk the eggs in a separate basin.
- Toss the chicken pieces in the almond seasoning, then dunk them in the egg mixture and arrange them on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake the chicken for 10-12 minutes, or until crispy and cooked through, turning halfway through.
- Drizzle your preferred sugar-free syrup over the waffles and top with chicken.
Still famished! Other keto chicken dishes to try:
Guys, I hope you like these low-carb chicken and waffles that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for a keto-friendly chicken and waffles option. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
For most people, eating better comes down to finding a way to eat healthier without sacrificing taste. One way to do this is to eat a low-carb diet, which allows you to eat all the foods you love while still losing weight. I have been on a low-carb diet for years now and it has helped me lose a substantial amount of weight. I created this blog post to share my recipe for keto chicken and waffles – low carb chicken and waffles and hope that it can help you to get the weight loss results you want.. Read more about keto fried chicken and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto chicken and waffles
- keto waffles
- keto fried chicken
- gluten free chicken and waffles
- baked chicken and waffles