Keto Chicken Parmesan – Low Carb Parmesan Crusted Chicken
The keto diet is becoming more popular every year, but many people still aren’t sure what to eat. The keto diet is a low carb way of eating and concentrating on healthy fats, proteins and low amounts of carbohydrates. This recipe is for Keto Chicken Parmesan, which is a healthy dinner recipe that is low in carbs and super tasty!
Today, we present to you one of our favorite keto-friendly chicken recipes that is sure to please everyone. It’s a very simple yet versatile recipe that can be used as a dinner main dish or as a side to accompany a low carb vegetable dish. Our keto chicken recipe is quick and easy to prepare, and the results are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
This keto chicken parm is raw and low carb because of the parmesan crust and the creaminess of the sauce. The chicken is marinated in garlic, basil, and onion powder, and after a simple twenty minutes in the oven, it’s ready to slice. I’m sure you can easily adapt this recipe to be more low carb by using less of the crusting ingredients (such as low carb breadcrumbs) to make up for the lack of carbs.
Keto Chicken Parmesan – My all-time favorite low-carb chicken parmesan crusted dish, prepared with soft juicy chicken breasts on the inside and crispy exterior, topped with delicious marinara sauce and melty mozzarella cheese!
I’ve already published the chicken parmigiana recipe, but this keto parmesan coated chicken is a must-try since it’s keto-friendly, gluten-free, and low carb without sacrificing traditional Italian flavor. Choose your preferred cooking technique – pan-fried, baked, or air fryer – to make this keto chicken parm dish in only 10 minutes. (every version is included here)
Is it possible to make this low-carb fried chicken parmesan ahead of time?
Yes, of course! Dip the chicken breasts in the egg mixture and marinate in the fridge overnight. When ready to cook, remove from the fridge and set aside for at least 15-20 minutes to cool down to room temperature before cooking.
What Should You Serve With Keto Garlic Parmesan Chicken Breast?
You can eat this low carb fried parmesan coated chicken on its own, but I like to serve it with sautéed green beans, garlic broccoli, steaming green beans, cauliflower rice, or zoodles.
- I used almond flour, but you could use coconut flour and create a keto chicken parmesan (it won’t be as crispy).
- Pork rinds may also be used to create this low-carb chicken parmesan. (In the second bowl, replace the almond flour with pig rinds.)
Air fryer Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Using an olive oil spray, lightly coat the crumbed chicken.
- Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for a total of 7-8 minutes.
- Cook the chicken breasts on the other side. Mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce go on top.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened.
Baked Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- A large baking sheet should be lined with foil and gently sprayed with olive oil spray.
- The eggs should be whisked and beaten in a small dish.
- Combine the parmesan cheese and all of the seasonings in a separate bowl and stir well.
- One at a time, dip the chicken breasts into the egg bowl and then into the cheese, coating both sides well. Carry on with the remaining chicken breasts in the same manner.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the prepared chicken on the baking sheet. (There’s no need to flip it)
- Each breast should be topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 10-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the chicken reaches 165 degrees on the inside. (Use a meat thermometer to verify this.)
Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken (Low Carb)
My all-time favorite low carb keto chicken parmesan crusted dish is prepared with soft juicy chicken breasts on the inside and crispy exterior, topped with delicious marinara sauce and melty mozzarella cheese.
10 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large breasts)
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered onion
- 1 tsp. Italian spices
- seasoning with salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- a quarter teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- almond flour (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 750g of marinara sauce (26 oz)
- 250g (8 oz) fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tblsp basil or parsley, freshly chopped
- Each chicken breast should be split into two pieces lengthwise.
- Add onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste. Remove from the equation.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow basin with the Italian spice and garlic. Mix everything up well. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the egg dish for at least an hour or up to overnight. (This step is optional, but it adds to the taste)
- Combine the almond flour and parmesan cheese in a separate bowl.
- Remove each breast piece from the egg mixture, dripping off any excess, and coat thoroughly on both sides in the parmesan mixture basin. Shake off any excess and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Over medium-high heat, heat a large nonstick skillet. Pour in the oil and butter. When the pan is heated, add the chicken pieces one at a time and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Flip the chicken pieces and cook for a few minutes on the other side until the coating is slightly crispy and brown. Carry on with the rest of the chicken.
- Preheat the oven grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Spray the baking dish lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Half of the marinara sauce should be spread over the bottom of the baking dish, and the fried chicken should be arranged in a single layer over the sauce. Cover each chicken breast with the remaining sauce.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until bubbling and cheese has melted, on top of the parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
Still famished! Other low-carb keto chicken dishes to try:
Guys, I hope you like this keto chicken with parmesan cheese that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for a low-carb chicken parmesan in a pan. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
The ketogenic diet is a way of eating that is high in healthy fats, moderate in protein, and very low in carbohydrates. The ketogenic diet is a proven help in weight loss and is easy to follow. Many people have tried different diets and gone through many attempts to either lose weight or maintain their current weight, only to be disappointed in the dieting process and the lack of results. This is a simple low carb and low calorie recipe that is sure to be a success.. Read more about keto chicken parmesan casserole and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto chicken parmesan casserole
- keto chicken parmesan recipe
- keto chicken parmesan
- keto chicken parmesan casserole recipe
- keto chicken parmesan almond flour