I designed this low carb soup to be a quick and easy dinner for busy weeknights. It’s packed with veggies and chicken, but you’ll only need to cut a few carbs from the toppings. I used a few different low carb tortillas in this recipe, but you could use any low carb flour tortillas you like. If you’re not in a rush, you could also use a big bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno as a substitute for the red enchilada sauce.
It’s finally chilly outside here in the South, and that means soup season. The best part about this soup is how easy it is to make, and the best part about this soup is that it’s full of flavor without being too heavy. One of our most popular recipes we’ve done on the blog is the “Broccoli Cheddar Soup”. It’s great, but this soup is even better.
I fell in love with this recipe the first time I made it. It was amazing! I follow a Keto and Paleo diet, and this recipe was the perfect blend of both. I’ve made it dozens of times now and have decided to share this recipe with you. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.. Read more about keto green chicken enchilada soup and let us know what you think.
Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup – Make this low carb chicken enchilada soup in the Instant Pot or the slow cooker for a warming, soothing, and substantial weekday meal.
Notes on Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Fresh jalapenos are used in this recipe, although canned chopped jalapenos may also be used.
- I usually suggest boneless skinless chicken since it cooks quickly and shreds easily. It’s ideal for any recipe that calls for an instant pot or a slow cooker.
- If fresh tomatoes aren’t an option, you may use Rotel, canned tomatoes, or even chopped tomatoes.
- If you’re going to purchase taco seasoning online, be sure you read the labels first. This one comes highly recommended.
15-minute prep time
Time to cook: 25 minutes
40-minute total time
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 cups pureed tomatoes (canned or diced also works well)
- 2 diced jalapeos
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- taco seasoning, 3 tbsp (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- a quarter teaspoon of salt
- a third of a cup of sour cream
- 5 quarts chicken stock
- In the bottom of an Instant Pot or slow cooker, combine the chicken, jalapeos, butter, tomatoes, onion, taco seasoning, and salt (whichever you prefer). Then, on top of it, pour in the chicken broth.
- If you’re using an Instant Pot, check sure the lid is sealed and the vent is open. For 20 minutes, push the Soup Function, then let it automatically release the pressure for 15 minutes.
- If using a slow cooker, cover with the lid and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken to a platter and pour 1 cup of the hot broth into a mixing bowl after it’s done. Whisk the sour cream into the soup until smooth, then return it to the saucepan.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and return it to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cheese and diced or sliced avocados on top.
Products to Consider
I earn money from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate and as a member of other affiliate programs.
Information on nutrition
Size of the Serving
1 cup equals 1 serving Calories per serving (per serving): 370 26 g total fat 11g Saturated Fat 1 gram of trans fat 14g of unsaturated fat 176 milligrams of cholesterol 1279mg sodium 7g Carbohydrates 1 gram of fiber 4 g sugar 29 g protein
All Chicken Dishes.com provides nutritional information for some of the recipes on the site. This data is given as a courtesy and is just a rough approximation. This data is derived from internet calculators. Despite the fact that allchickenrecipes.com makes every effort to offer correct nutritional information, these numbers are just approximations.
Have you tried this recipe yet?
Please post a picture on Pinterest or leave a comment on the blog.
Still famished! Other keto chicken dishes to try:
So, Guys, I hope you like this delicious low-carb chicken enchilada soup that I prepare on a regular basis. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans seeking for a keto chicken enchilada soup. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it.
Please pass this recipe along!
If you’ve been following my blog, you know I love soup. Soup is a great way to use up leftover chicken, or beef, or pork, or any other meat you might have in your house. It’s a great way to sneak in some vegetables, and still enjoy a meal. It makes for a great filling lunch, great as a light dinner, and even great for weekend brunch.. Read more about creamy chicken enchilada soup instant pot and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto chicken enchilada soup
- keto cheesy chicken enchilada soup
- low carb chicken enchilada soup
- instant pot chicken enchilada soup
- chicken enchilada soup instant pot