Keto Chicken Marsala – Creamy Low Carb Chicken Marsala
Low Carb Chicken Marsala has long been a favorite dish of mine for its rich, deep flavors and lighter-than-normal carb counts. It’s not rocket science to make, but the right combination of ingredients can take the dish to a whole new level. I’ve found that the key is using the right combination of ingredients to make the dish taste rich, creamy and decadent.
Chicken Marsala is a rich and creamy Marsala wine sauce, traditionally made from veal or chicken, which is typically served over pasta. Here, I have created a keto-friendly version of the chicken marsala sauce that I used to enjoy as a pasta dish. The meaty Marsala wine is paired with chicken thighs, while the sauce is infused with a healthy dose of cream and heavy cream to give a rich and creamy result.
Here is a simple recipe for a creamy low carb chicken marsala:
Keto Chicken Marsala – On hectic weeknights, this simple low carb chicken marsala with succulent chicken breasts and a wonderful creamy sauce is a fantastic mouthwatering Italian meal. This one-pan meal is Whole 30, keto, gluten-free, and paleo friendly, and takes just 15 minutes to prepare.
What is the definition of Chicken Marsala?
It’s an Italian-American meal prepared with delicate chicken parts like breasts or boneless skinless thighs, mushrooms, garlic or shallots, and marsala wine, of course. Because of the creamy sauce, it’s usually eaten with pasta or rice, and it’s also accompanied with entire roasted garlic.
Substitute for Marsala Wine
If you don’t have any marsala wine, you may purchase it here or use one of the alternatives listed below:
Non-alcoholic alternatives include:
Optional alcoholic beverages:
- Vermouth (red)
- Amontillado is a kind of wine produced in Spain.
- 3/4 cup dry white wine and 2-3 tablespoons brandy
- Madeira is a kind of wine produced in Portugal.
What Should I Serve With This Low-Carb Creamy Chicken Marsala?
I prefer to serve this low carb meal over cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, or roasted/steamed broccoli simply because there is enough creamy sauce.
Crockpot Keto Chicken Marsala
The recipe for the low carb slow cooker creamy chicken marsala is below; see the recipe card for the one pan cooktop variation.
- Brown the chicken breasts on all sides in a skillet over medium heat with butter/oil (about 3 minutes per side). Remove the item and put it away.
- Add a little more oil to the same pan and sauté the mushrooms for a few minutes (the above two steps are totally optional, but recommended to give it more creamy flavor)
- Grease the slow cooker’s base with butter or olive oil. Place the browned (or uncooked) chicken in the bottom of the saucepan.
- Pour the marsala wine over the mushrooms and spices.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high, or until the chicken is done and the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees. (use a meat thermometer to check the temperature)
- Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the slow cooker once they are done. Combine the xanthan gum and cream in a mixing bowl (optional).
- Return the chicken and mushrooms to the pot and simmer for 20-30 minutes more, or until the chicken is completely cooked (165 degrees) and the sauce has thickened.
Marsala Sauce for Keto Chicken (Creamy Low Carb)
On hectic weeknights, this simple creamy low carb keto chicken marsala with succulent chicken breasts and a wonderful creamy sauce is a fantastic mouthwatering Italian meal. This one-pan meal is Whole 30, keto, gluten-free, and paleo friendly, and takes just 15 minutes to prepare.
10 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 400 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
- a third of a cup of marsala wine
- 1 quart chicken stock
- xanthan gum, 1/2 teaspoon (or arrowroot powder)
- season with salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken breasts for a few minutes on each sides until golden brown after the pan is heated.
- Halfway through, add the mushrooms to the pan and simmer until the chicken and mushrooms have caramelized. To deglaze the pan, pour in the marsala wine and cook it out.
- Combine the xanthan powder and chicken broth in a mixing bowl. Reduce the heat to low and add the stock to the pan, cooking until the sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Done! Serve over cauliflower rice or zucchini noddles, garnished with chopped parsley.
Still famished! Other low-carb keto chicken dishes to try:
Guys, I hope you like this keto chicken mushroom marsala that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans seeking for a keto creamy chicken marsala. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
Marsala sauce is a traditional Italian sauce that is made of wine, fish sauce, and tomato paste and is served as a sauce for meat, fish, or vegetables. Marsala sauce is a versatile sauce, used in many dishes from appetizers to main course.. Read more about keto chicken marsala slow cooker and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto chicken marsala recipes
- chicken marsala keto
- is chicken marsala keto friendly
- carbs in chicken marsala no pasta
- low carb chicken marsala