Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup – [Best] Low Carb Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken tortilla soup is the perfect dish to prepare when you need to impress your family or friends with how easy it is to make a filling meal without resorting to carbs. It is quick and easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time because unlike other chicken recipes it can get cooked a few days before you plan to serve it.
It’s all about tortilla soup! I don’t know about you, but I have to have my chicken tortilla soup in order to keep my sanity. That’s because I have a huge family and we always have a lot going on, always eating out for one reason or another, and don’t always have time to cook. We don’t always have the ingredients on hand, either. You know how it is. So, I’ve come up with a special tortilla soup recipe that has all the flavours of reality. I call it Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup – [Best] Low Carb Chicken Tortilla Soup, and it has all the flavours of real life without the carbs. So, if you’re looking for a low carb tort
With a little bit of everything, this low carb chicken tortilla soup recipe combines all the flavors of a traditional chicken tortilla soup recipe.. Read more about easy low carb chicken tortilla soup and let us know what you think.
Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup – In this clod season, this low carb chicken tortilla soup is the tastiest and simplest soup you will ever cook. Served with sour cream, tortilla chips, or avocado slices, this dish is full of Mexican flavors.
This finest Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup, also known as Sopa de Tortilla with Pollo, may be found at traditional Mexican restaurants, but they’re high in carbs, so what’s a person to do? Is chicken tortilla soup a low-carb option? Is it possible to eat chicken tortilla soup on a keto diet?
Absolutely! I’ve discovered a fantastic method to make it keto-friendly without sacrificing taste or flavor.
Is This Low-Carb Chicken Tortilla Soup Freezable?
Absolutely! This dish freezes well and is ideal for meal preppers. Before freezing the soup, portion it out and leave out any toppings. Place it in a freezer zippable storage bag.
To reheat, defrost it overnight in the refrigerator or under cold water, then pour it into a saucepan over medium heat until warm and thoroughly heated, or microwave it.
- Add xanthan gum or mix cauliflower florets with the other vegetables and add it to thicken the sauce.
- I used low-sodium chicken broth, but water would also work.
- If you like it spicier, use 2 adobo chilis, 2 teaspoons of the adobo sauce (< buy it), and 1 jalapeno. or you can also use salsa.
- Use a rotisserie chicken or prepared shredded chicken to cut down on cooking time; you can now skip the coconut oil sear step.
Optional garnishes and servings
To enhance the fat content of this soup, I like to garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve it with sour cream, shredded cheese, corn tortilla strips, and avocado slices.
Instant Pot Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup
See the recipe card below for the pan version.
- Blend garlic, chile, jalapeño, onion, tomatoes, salt, and coriander in a blender.
- When the Instant Pot is heated, switch to Sauté mode and add the oil.
- Stir in the mixed veggies for approximately 10 minutes, or until the sauce loses its rawness and begins to thicken.
- Pour in the chicken broth, then add the xanthan gum or cauliflower florets mix now if you’re using it.
- Add the chicken pieces, which should be chopped into large chunks. Set your pressure cooker to manual and set the timer for 20 minutes on high pressure, followed by a 10-minute natural pressure release.
- Remove the chicken from the saucepan, shred it, and return it to the pot.
- Serve with shredded cheese, avocado slices, sour cream, and other toppings, such as fresh coriander leaves.
Slow Cooker/Crockpot Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup
See the recipe card below for the pan version.
- Cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper are used to season the chicken. Remove from the equation.
- Blend garlic, chile, jalapeño, onion, tomatoes, salt, and coriander in a blender. Fill the slow cooker halfway with water. Stir in the chicken well.
- Add the chicken broth and cauliflower florets (if used) to the slow cooker and blend until smooth.
- Cook for 6 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken, shred it, and return it to the pot, stirring constantly.
- If preferred, garnish with coriander leaves, sour cream, cheese, avocado, and low-carb tortilla pieces.
Soup with Keto Chicken Tortillas (Low Carb)
In this clod season, this low carb keto chicken tortilla soup is the tastiest and simplest soup you’ll ever cook. Served with sour cream, tortilla chips, or avocado slices, this dish is full of Mexican flavors.
10 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breast)
- a half teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- coconut oil (two teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- a quarter cup of cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced (4’inch)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes from a can (or fresh)
- 1 chile in adobo (chipotle in adobo sauce) (with 1 tsp of sauce from it)
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- Optional: 2 tablespoons butter
with the purpose of serving
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves, divided
- 4 tblsp. soured cream
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- 1 pitted, peeled, and chopped avocado
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the chili powder and cumin in a small bowl. Cut the mixture in half.
- Half of the spice and salt and pepper the chicken. Remove from the equation.
- Blend the onion, garlic, tomatoes, chipotle chile, jalapeño, and cilantro in a blender.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat, then add the chicken and sear for approximately 15 minutes on low heat, or until the chicken is completely cooked and the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees (F).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a plate to cool. Fill the pan with the mixed ingredients. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce has lost its rawness and has thickened somewhat.
- Stir in the remaining spice from step 1 well.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in the pan. Reduce the heat to a low setting and continue to cook.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the butter and cut into tiny bite-size pieces. Cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with shredded cheese, avocado slices, sour cream, low-carb tortilla chips, and other toppings as desired.
380 calories Carbohydrates: 8g Fat: 25g 25 g protein
Still famished! Other low-carb keto chicken dishes to try:
Guys, I hope you like this simple keto chicken tortilla soup that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for a low-carb keto chicken tortilla soup. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
So, you’ve heard about the ketogenic diet and want to give it a try? You have a few questions. What should you eat on a ketogenic diet? How much fat should you eat? What can you eat? How do you measure ketones? How do you avoid keto flu? What if you get too many ketones or too few? And why do you need to do all this in the first place?. Read more about how many carbs in chicken tortilla soup and let us know what you think.