Slow Cooker Beef Tips With Rice Or Noodles
Beef tips are typically inexpensive, but they can be tough to cook in a slow cooker. This recipe for beef tips with rice or noodles will give you tender meat and flavorful sauce in just one hour.
Slow Cooker Beef Tips With Rice Or Noodles is a recipe that combines beef tips and noodles in a slow cooker. The ingredients are simple, but the dish is hearty and filling. Read more in detail here: slow cooker beef tips and noodles.
This Slow Cooker Beef Tips Recipe reminds me of a meal I remember my grandmother making when I was a kid. She served it with rice, but noodles would also be delicious!
Because of the cost, she didn’t serve beef very frequently anymore. Her meats were mainly chicken and pig, and she only cooked them on Sundays.
Beans and potatoes of some kind made up the majority of her daily meals. She was a thrifty chef.
Even yet, I recall this meal gently simmering on the back of her stove. (I don’t believe slow cookers existed at the time!)
I’ve never tried her dish, but this slow cooker variation is a close second. The majority of my relatives who have experienced it agree.
For more amazing recipes, follow Foodgasm Recipes on Facebook and follow Foodgasm on Pinterest.
Beef Tips in a Slow Cooker with Rice or Noodles
- 2 finely chopped yellow onions
- 16 ounces quartered white mushrooms
- 4 pound beef chuck roast, cubed to 1 inch
- 4 c. beef broth, split
- 1/2 gallon red wine
- a half-cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt (two tablespoons)
- 2 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons powdered garlic
- 1/2 cup flour (all-purpose)
- egg noodles, 12 oz.
- 2 tblsp butter (salted)
- If desired, garnish with parsley.
- In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, layer the onions and mushrooms, then top with the cubed meat.
- Whisk together 212 cup beef stock, red wine, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a medium mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the meat in the slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for 6 hours.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and the remaining 112 cup beef stock. Stir into the beef mixture, replace the cover, and simmer for another hour on high.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package instructions when ready to serve. Drain, then return to the saucepan with 2 tablespoons salted butter and stir to combine.
By just adding a salad and bread, I can make this a full dinner. The gravy-like consistency of the sauce on the egg noodles is one of my favorites. My type of dinner these days is easy, uncomplicated, and nearly totally hands-off!
You may also be interested in these recipes.
Old Time Beef Stew by Paula Deen
Hungarian Goulash in a Crock Pot
Beef Stew (Basic)
The beef tips and noodles recipe is a tasty dish that can be made in the slow cooker. It’s perfect for when you’re short on time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is beef tips the same as stew meat?
Beef tips and stew meat are different cuts of beef. Stew meat is a cut that comes from the chuck, which is considered to be the most tender part of the animal. This cut can also come from other parts of the cow, such as the round or short ribs. Beef tips are not typically sold in stores and are typically used for braising or stewing.
Does beef get more tender the longer you cook it in a slow cooker?
Can I put raw diced beef in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can put raw diced beef in a slow cooker.
- slow cooker beef tips with peppers and onions
- slow cooker beef tips and rice
- beef tips brown gravy onion soup mix
- beef tips and gravy crockpot
- beef tips with brown gravy mix