Soy sauce is a wonderful flavor enhancer, but when you combine it with a nice spicy kick, you get a mouth-watering result. I was craving something savory, so I chose to try my hand at making spicy almond tofu. It was a hit with all of my friends, and will be a great addition to your vegetarian diet.
I first used tofu in a stir fry about 6 years ago. It was pretty good. Then, I tried it baked into a cake. It was…beautiful. Since then, I’ve tried tofu in pies, soups, sandwiches, and a few other places. Tonight I’ll be trying yet another way to incorporate this versatile ingredient into my rotation.
I’ve made this tofu recipe so many times that I’ve lost count. I love the way it absorbs the flavors of all the different ingredients, and I especially enjoy how the tofu takes on the essence of whatever spices I use. The original recipe calls for a red curry paste, but I have to say that the spiciness of this dish comes from the cayenne I use, so adjust the red curry paste to your own taste. And don’t be afraid of the hot pepper flakes—it’s a great way to add flavor with out adding heat.. Read more about keto tofu recipes and let us know what you think.
Keto for vegetarians is simple!
We were vegetarians for nearly three years before starting the keto diet, and we still enjoy meat-free days once or twice a week. This may seem to be a difficult job on the keto diet at first sight, but it’s really lot simpler than you think. Extra lipids are added and animal protein is substituted with extremely hard tofu. The majority of vegetarian meat alternatives are fat-free. A few teaspoons of coconut oil or ghee may help you regain control of your diet. We also utilize premade meat substitutes from time to time. Low-carb alternatives with a decent quantity of protein and 2-4 grams of net carbohydrates per serving are available. This almond tofu recipe, on the other hand, has been a vegetarian favorite of ours for years, and we tweaked it to make it keto!
The key to making crispy tofu
This is, without a doubt, the most crucial phase. To remove all of the moisture from the tofu, squeeze it. You will not obtain crispy tofu in the pan if you miss this step. Place the very firm tofu on a flat dish, wrapped in kitchen paper. After that, place a hefty cast iron pan on top of it. You may also place a dish on top of it and some books on top of it. Anything to guarantee that the tofu is under excellent pressure and that all of the water is removed.
This spicy almond tofu is no exception to our love of nuts in Asian cuisine. They provide the required crunch and complement the tofu nicely. This dish may be made with any kind of nut. This meal with cashews is one of our favorites! When attempting to cut carbohydrates, almonds are the greatest choice. We’ve also utilized peanuts, pecans, walnuts, and Brazil nuts in the past. They all function well, and you may choose which one you want based on your tastes. Experiment with combining various types of notes.
Crispy tofu is used in this recipe, and it must be cooked at high heat to get that crispiness. Heat a frying pan over high heat, add some oil (we use coconut oil), and toss in the tofu once it’s heated. Take approximately 2 minutes each side on high heat until golden brown. Add the ground almonds to the mixture. To release the natural oils and nuts, cook them for 1-2 minutes in a tofu pan over high heat. This gives the finished product a lot of taste. Now is the time to add the seasonings!
This spice mix is one of our favorites, and we use it almost exclusively when we want to add flavor to fast meals. This is how we do it:
List of Keto Foods (FREE PRINTABLE)
Join 150,000 other people who are getting a FREE keto nutrition list and fresh recipes every week!
- powdered onion
- powdered garlic
- Chili Powder
- powdered chili
- Seeds of sesame
- Soy sauce is an Asian condiment.
Don’t be put off by the flavor! If you’re using chicken or beef, season it more than normal. Because the tofu has a hard time absorbing the spices, you’ll need to add a few extra. When all of the spices are equally dispersed, add 2 tablespoons of water, followed by the soy sauce (to prevent the soy sauce from sticking to the hot pan). Cook on high heat until all the liquid has evaporated and the tofu has a pleasant fragrance. Sprinkle sesame seeds, sesame oil, and sliced almonds on top of cooked broccoli if preferred!
Tofu with Almonds in a Spicy Sauce
This recipe for spicy almond tofu produces crispy tofu that can be used in a variety of Asian cuisines.
1 hour and 25 minutes total
Parts of two
Calories in a single serving: 400 kcal
Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Time to prepare: 15 minutes
- Tofu should be pressed. Place the tofu on a flat dish after wrapping it in a kitchen towel. To generate pressure and enable the moisture to escape, place the skillet or saucepan over the packed tofu.
- Finely slice the almonds and cut the tofu into 2 cm pieces.
- In a pan over high heat, melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Add the tofu cubes once the oil is heated. Tofu should be fried for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- When the tofu is nearly fully crispy, add the almonds to the pan. Over high heat, cook the almonds and tofu for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine all of the spices, as well as 3/4 of the sesame seeds (save 1/4 for serving).
- With the soy sauce, add 2 tablespoons of water. (Adding the soy sauce yourself may cause it to burn in the hot pan.)
- Bring the spice combination and soy sauce to a full boil, stirring constantly, until there is no liquid left. You should have some tofu/mini tofu/mini tofu/mini tofu/mini tofu/mini tofu/mini tofu/mini tofu/
- 30 seconds before removing the skillet from the heat, add your preferred spicy sauce. Trader Jos’ Green Dragon Hot Sauce is what we use. Any sauce will suffice. Garlic chili paste or classic Tabasco sauce are two more choices.
- Serve with cooked broccoli on the side. Finish with the remaining sesame seeds and ground almonds, if preferred. Drizzle a teaspoon of sesame oil over the top. Have a blast!
Information about nutrition
Tofu with almonds and a spicy kick
Amount per serving
400 calories 261 calories from fat
*Percentage of daily expenses
45 percent fat (29 g).
Carbohydrates make about 10% of the total.
Fibre in the diet (5g/20%)
Protein content: 24 g (48%)
* Percentages are calculated based on a 2000-calorie diet.
Obviously: The main dish
Tofu with almonds is the key term.
Hush! Are you the one who did it? Add us to your Instagram feed! We’d love to see your work! Leave a comment and review below or tag us on Instagram at @keto.connect.
A spicy almond tofu stir fry with cabbage and carrots. It is a light and healthy Asian dish. It is easy to prepare and can be served with steamed rice or noodles.. Read more about high protein, low carb tofu recipes and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- almond tofu recipe
- tofu keto recipes
- keto tofu recipes
- keto tofu
- keto fried tofu