Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cakes Recipe
This is a recipe for chocolate peanut butter lava cakes. It’s an easy, no-bake dessert that you can make in minutes!
These chocolate peanut butter lava cakes are a decadent dessert that is sure to please your family and friends. The recipe comes from the Pampered Chef website, which has many other great recipes.
Lava Cakes with Chocolate and Peanut Butter
6 people 15-minute prep time Time to prepare: 20 minutes Time limit: 20 minutes
calorie count: 200 calories 20 g of fat
5.0 out of 5 ( 1 voted )
- dark couverture/baking chocolate, 7 oz (210 g), chopped
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, diced (90 g)
- 2 eggs, big
- 2 big yolks of eggs
- 1 teaspoon extract de vanille
- 12 cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (7.5 g) + more for dusting
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (8 g)
- a pinch of coarse salt
- peanut butter, 2 tbsp
- Dulce de leche, 2 tbsp (store-bought or homemade)
- 100 g honey (1/3 cup)
- 60 g unsalted butter (1/4 cup)
- Dust six 5-ounce (150 mL) ramekins with cocoa powder, evenly coating them and tapping off any excess.
- In a metal bowl set over a saucepan filled with one inch of barely boiling water, melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring slowly until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- By hand, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla until well mixed, then aggressively whisk for another minute; this adds structure but there will be little apparent change after the minute.
- Whisk together the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt until well mixed.
- Half of the batter should be divided among the six ramekins and frozen for 15 minutes.
- Take the ramekins out of the freezer and set them aside. In the middle of each ramekin, place 1 tsp (5 mL) of peanut butter and dulce de leche. Distribute the remaining cake batter evenly on top. Cover and chill the lava cakes until ready to bake (these can be made up to a day ahead).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops of the cakes have lost their shine. Allow 5 minutes for the cakes to rest.
- Bring the honey to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for approximately 4 minutes, or until it becomes a deep amber color (if using a thermometer, it will reach 240°F/115°C).
- Remove the pan from the heat, whisk in the butter, and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
To serve, run the inner edge of a ramekin with a tiny palette knife. Invert both by placing a tiny plate on top. Remove the ramekin and serve.
This is a chocolate peanut butter lava cake recipe. It has been made by Paul Hollywood, the British chef and TV personality. Reference: chocolate peanut butter molten cake paul hollywood.
- chocolate cake with peanut butter filling
- peanut butter lava cake hello fresh
- lava cake recipe
- chocolate peanut butter lava cake using cake mix
- chocolate peanut butter lava cake great british bake off