Classic Gingerbread Cake
This classic gingerbread cake is a perfect example of how simple, yet delicious, baking can be. It’s so easy to make and it tastes amazing!
The perfect gingerbread cake is a classic recipe that has been around for centuries. It is made with molasses, brown sugar, and spices like cinnamon and ginger.
Chef Anna Olson’s wonderful kitchen is serving up classic gingerbread cake, and she’ll show you how to create it from scratch!
Follow the steps in the recipe below!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (225 g) at room temperature
- 1 cup (200 g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 34 cup fancy molasses (195 g)
- 2 big room-temperature eggs
- lemon juice, 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- 2 tbsp (12 g) fresh ginger, coarsely grated
- 2 14 cup all-purpose flour (335 g)
- 12 tsp (2 g) cinnamon powder
- 2 g ground cloves (12 tsp)
- 12 tsp (2 g) nutmeg powder
- 12 tsp (2 g) allspice powder
- 12 teaspoon (2 g) salt
- 12 cup boiling water (125 ml)
- 12 teaspoon (3 gram) baking soda
- 2 tbsp (12 g) crystallized ginger, coarsely chopped
- dusting sugar (icing sugar)
- For serving, mildly sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius) and oil a 9-by-13-inch cake pan.
- Lightly cream the butter and brown sugar together. After the molasses has been incorporated, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the lemon juice and ginger in a mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour with the spices and salt into a separate basin. Stir this into the butter mixture until everything is well combined. Stir together the hot water and baking soda and rapidly pour into the batter, stirring constantly, before adding the crystallized ginger (the batter will be fluid). Bake for 45 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, scraping the batter into the prepared pan. Cool fully in the pan before cutting into squares and serving with a dusting of powdered sugar and a dollop of whipped cream.
The cake may be kept covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The classic gingerbread cake uk is a classic American dessert that has been popular for many years. It is traditionally made with molasses, flour, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between gingerbread and ginger cake?
Gingerbread is a type of cake made from ginger, molasses, spices and sugar. Ginger cake is a type of cake made from ginger, molasses, spices and honey.
What is traditional gingerbread?
Gingerbread is a type of cake that is traditionally made with ginger, eggs, sugar, and flour.
What are the ingredients for gingerbread?
The ingredients for gingerbread are flour, salt, baking soda, brown sugar, molasses or treacle, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- best gingerbread cake recipe in the world
- gingerbread loaf recipe
- german gingerbread cake
- gingerbread cake topping
- dark gingerbread cake