This dish is a popular Japanese comfort food. It’s made with breaded pork cutlets that are deep-fried and then served in a curry sauce, often with pickles and shredded cabbage on the side.
Tonkatsu is a Japanese pork cutlet that is typically served with a sauce made from soy sauce, mirin, sugar, and sake. This dish can be found in many restaurants in Japan. Read more in detail here: japanese pork curry recipe.
If you like Japanese cuisine, this recipe will teach you how to prepare Japanese pork cutlet (Tonkatsu) with curry.
Cutlet de porc
- 4 boneless pork chops
- season with salt to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 leaves of shiso
- 4 mozzarella slices
- 12 c. flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups bread crumbs (panko)
- For frying, oil
Curry from Japan
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 12 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium diced potatoes
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 3 quarts water
- 13 cup curry paste (Japanese)
- 4 cups white rice, cooked
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt & pepper.
- Cut a big incision through the pork chops’ side.
- Fold a shiso leaf in half and place a piece of mozzarella on top.
- Place the cheese in the pork chop’s pocket.
- Carry on with the remaining pork chops in the same manner.
- Shake off any excess flour before dredging the meat in it.
- The pork should be dipped in the egg, then evenly rolled in the bread crumbs, then again into the egg, and finally back into the bread crumbs.
- Rep with the remaining pork chops.
- Heat the oil to approximately 360°F/183°C over medium-high heat.
- One at a time, fry the pork chops until golden brown, then drain on paper towels.
- After the onions have become translucent, add the potatoes and carrots to the pan. Cook for 1 minute before adding the water and bringing to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste until it is completely dissolved.
- Cook for another 10 minutes on low heat before removing from the flame.
- Using a 12-inch slicer, cut the pork cutlets into 12-inch slices.
- To serve, arrange the pork cutlet pieces over the rice and top with a liberal helping of curry.
Tonkatsu is a Japanese dish made from breaded and deep-fried pork cutlets. The meat is traditionally served with a sauce of ponzu, soy sauce, mirin, sugar and sake. Reference: tonkatsu curry.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is pork katsu curry?
Pork katsu curry is a Japanese dish that includes pork cutlets, fried potatoes, and curry sauce.
Does Katsu mean curry?
No, Katsu means victory in Japanese.
Is Japanese curry the same as Katsu?
Yes, Japanese curry is the same as Katsu.
- pork katsu curry near me
- pork katsu recipe
- japanese curry recipe
- tonkatsu curry near me
- japanese pork curry bowl