This Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe is the perfect keto chicken pot pie soup recipe, especially for the holidays. It is an easy recipe for a delicious low carb chicken pot pie soup.
All of us have had traditional Chicken Pot Pie on special occasions, usually at weddings. It is heartwarming and a great dish to share with friends and family. The problem is that most traditional Chicken Pot Pie recipes involve processed products and a lot of carbohydrates. This recipe is for you if you are looking to enjoy Chicken Pot Pie when you want to, but without having to reach for the starchy side dishes. We will be using a combination of shredded chicken and vegetables as well as broth to make a delicious, creamy and filling Chicken Pot Pie.
Fall is here, and so is the return of your favorite comfort food. Pot pies are a great way to get in a serving of vegetables as well as a serving of carbs. Low carb pot pies are a great way to get in a serving of vegetables as well as a serving of carbs. Here is a seriously delicious low carb chicken pot pie recipe that is ready in just 45 minutes or less!
Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup – This low-carb chicken pot pie soup is a quick and simple supper choice for the whole family. It has all the rich, creamy, and comforting tastes of a freshly baked chicken pot pie.
Is it possible to freeze this Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup?
Yes, this recipe freezes well and is a wonderful weeknight dinner prep dish since it tastes exactly the same the following day.
Is it possible to prepare this low-carb chicken pot pie in an Instant Pot?
Yes! The instructions following have already been stated in the recipe card. You may use fresh or frozen veggies in the quick pot version. Cook for 3-4 minutes under pressure if using raw chicken and frozen vegetables; 1 minute under pressure if using cooked chicken and fresh vegetables. Take a look at the keto baked version.
- Replace carrots and peas with vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, cabbage, cauliflower, or bell peppers to reduce carbohydrates.
- Remove the butter and replace the heavy cream with full-fat coconut milk to make it dairy-free.
- This tasty keto chicken pot pie soup goes well with roasted vegetables, mashed sweet potatoes or cauliflower, and a warm biscuit or baguette.
Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
15 minutes to prepare
25-minute total time
- 3 cups diced rotisserie chicken (or uncooked chicken thighs, diced)
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- green peas, 1/3 cup (optional)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- kosher salt (around 1/4-1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dry
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- xanthan gum, 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 quart of thick cream
- Over medium heat, heat a 3-quart saucepan. Melt butter in a skillet and cook celery, onions, and garlic for 2 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Combine the chicken, carrots, peas, broth, green beans, dried thyme, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Cook for 10 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Cook the uncooked chicken until it is well done.
- Fill the bowl halfway with heavy whipping cream. Mix in the xanthan gum well. Serve the soup hot after gently boiling it for 5-6 minutes.
In the Instant Pot
- Except for the cream and xanthan gum, combine everything in the saucepan.
- Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes. Allow for a 5-minute natural pressure release before gently releasing the remaining pressure.
- Turn the pot to sauté mode after opening the cover. Slowly and steadily pour in the heavy whipping cream.
- Stir in the xanthan gum until it is completely dissolved. Cook for 5-6 minutes on low heat and serve immediately.
Slow Cooker Recipes
- Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours using all of the ingredients except the heavy cream and xanthan gum in the slow cooker.
- Pour in the cream and let it simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
Products to Consider
I earn money from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate and as a member of other affiliate programs.
Information on nutrition
Size of the Serving
Calories per serving (per serving): 419 28g total fat 14g Saturated Fat Unsaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1g 166 milligrams of cholesterol 1183mg sodium 9g Carbohydrates 2 g fiber 5 g sugar 35 g protein
All Chicken Dishes.com provides nutritional information for some of the recipes on the site. This data is given as a courtesy and is just a rough approximation. This data is derived from internet calculators. Despite the fact that allchickenrecipes.com makes every effort to offer correct nutritional information, these numbers are just approximations.
Have you tried this recipe yet?
Please post a picture on Pinterest or leave a comment on the blog.
Still famished! Other low-carb keto chicken dishes to try:
Guys, I hope you like this keto quick pot chicken pot pie soup that I prepare every week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for a low-carb keto chicken pot pie soup. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it.
Please pass this recipe along!
Here’s a great recipe for Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup – (EASY) Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Soup. Gluten free and full of flavor, this keto chicken pot pie soup is sure to be a hit in your house!. Read more about keto creamy chicken soup and let us know what you think.