Lemon Chicken Pasta with Fresh Asparagus –
Now I’m not one for “healthy” recipes, but they do sometimes make the cut… So, when I saw this recipe in Gwyneth Paltrow’s latest cookbook, it looked like a good fit. The recipe is rich in healthy fats (nuts, oils, olive oil, etc), and I’m always in the mood for pasta.
How about some lemon chicken pasta with fresh asparagus? This has become one of my go-to weeknight dinners because I don’t have to worry about buying chicken breasts or thighs or boneless skinless breasts or thighs or boneless skinless thighs or boneless skinless breasts or thighs or boneless skinless breasts or thighs or boneless skinless breasts or thighs or boneless skinless breasts or thighs or boneless skinless thighs or boneless skinless breasts or thighs or boneless skinless breasts or thighs or boneless skinless breasts or thighs or boneless skinless breasts or thighs or boneless skinless breasts or thighs or boneless skinless breasts or thighs or boneless skinless breasts or thighs or boneless skinless
Asparagus is a spring veggie that is now in season. You can find asparagus at your local grocery store or farmers market, and it is available year-round. In this recipe, I have combined asparagus with lemon chicken to make a dish that makes a great light summer dinner.. Read more about lemon asparagus chicken pasta recipe and let us know what you think.
Lemon chicken spaghetti combines all of these tastes in a creamy sauce.
As Jeff’s sister would say, a certain degree of “orchestration” is required to ensure that this dinner arrives at the table hot.
Here’s how it goes:
The pasta water will come to a boil while you’re cooking the chicken.
Toss the pasta into the boiling water and begin assembling the sauce.
After a few minutes, add the fresh asparagus to the boiling water.
Toss the pasta and asparagus with the parmesan and the sauce once they’ve been cooked and drained (reserving a little pasta water just in case), and serve.
A little planning before any flames are started is the key to success and pleasure here.
That is to say, prepare the table, turn on some music, get yourself a glass of wine, and have everything cleaned, sliced, zested, and taken out of the fridge before you begin.
My buddies, orchestrate!
Lemon Chicken Pasta with Asparagus – Simple and tasty!
Pasta with Lemon Chicken and Asparagus
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch segments after removing the ends.
- 2–3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper and diced or thinly sliced (less than 1/4 inch thick).
- 1/2 pound chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 quart of thick cream
- a quarter-cup of lemon juice
- 1 tblsp lemon juice 1 tblsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (I bring more to the table for adding after the dish is served)
- pasta (1 pound)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Kosher salt is what I use.)
- Toss 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt into boiling water for pasta. (Note: you’ll add the pasta after the water has come to a boil.) Add the asparagus segments three minutes before the pasta is al dente.)
- Heat olive oil in a big pan (cast iron if you have it!) over medium-high heat while the water heats up.
- Brown the chicken until it is fully done. If you have any excess lemon, squeeze it over the chicken just as it’s about to finish cooking in the pan.
- Place the cooked chicken in a mixing dish. Remove from the equation.
- If you’re using a cast iron pan, deglaze it by adding approximately 3 tablespoons of liquid at this stage (water is okay; white wine or chicken broth are even better). Scrape the bottom of the pan as the liquid loosens the chicken pieces.
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus mushrooms
- Cook until the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Reduce to a medium heat setting.
- 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less to taste).
- Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the lemon juice and zest.
- Return the chicken to the skillet.
- When the water for the pasta comes to a boil, add the pasta and set the timer for 3 minutes before the pasta gets al dente.
- For the final 3 minutes of cooking time, add asparagus pieces to the pasta.
- (Remove approximately 1/2 cup of the pasta water before straining the pasta/asparagus since you MIGHT need it in the sauce.)
- Drain the pasta and asparagus and set aside.
- Return the pasta and asparagus to the pasta pot, along with the parmesan and sauce.
- Toss until the sauce is well distributed. (If you need additional liquid, add some of the pasta water you set aside.)
- Serve right away.
Quick and easy summer dinners are always appreciated on those hot summer days. This lemon chicken pasta with asparagus is ready in under 30 minutes and is full of flavor. I like to serve this with garlic bread.. Read more about creamy lemon asparagus pasta and let us know what you think.