When you think of chicken, you probably don’t picture it on a bun slathered in mayo or smothered in bacon and cheese. But that’s exactly what you’ll find at most fast food joints, which is why you should try making it at home.
There’s just something about crisp skin that makes a chicken breast or chicken thigh taste so much better. It’s true, we all know that chicken tastes better when it’s crispy on the outside, we just don’t always make the effort to do it. But the difference between a cooked chicken breast and a cooked chicken thigh is incredible. Chicken thighs have a higher ratio of meat to fat, and the meat is usually more flavorful because of all the marbling that it has.
Pan frying chicken is a great way to prepare poultry with crispy skin without using any oil or frying. I use a heavy bottom skillet to cook the chicken, so that it browns and caramelizes in the pan. The skin of the chicken will be crispy and golden brown. The meat will be juicy and tender.. Read more about pan fried chicken thighs and let us know what you think.
Chicken in a Pan – This flavorful pan fried chicken breast dish comes together quickly and easily in only 15 minutes, making it ideal for a family meal.
What Is the Best Way to Make Pan Fried Chicken Thighs?
Just to let you know, I’m making this dish using chicken breasts today, but you may use thighs instead since they have more taste than breasts. I’ve included a recipe for pan-fried boneless skinless chicken thighs below.
- 4 chicken thighs (size varies) (4 large pieces)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- oregano, dried
- basil leaves that have been dried
- 1 tsp salt (kosher)
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon powdered onion
- a half teaspoon of black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the oil and heat it up.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of the chicken thighs with spices and cook them in a heated pan for 20-25 minutes, uncovered, or until the skin is crisp and deep golden brown, which may take up to 30 minutes.
- If the skin is sticking to the pan, lower the heat to low and continue to fry until it is uniformly golden brown. Cook for another 20 minutes on the other side, or until the chicken is completely cooked and done.
- Serve with a side salad or fried rice.
- Dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel before seasoning.
- Cook your chicken for at least 30 minutes after seasoning it. By integrating the spices (particularly salt) into the meat, the taste will be enhanced.
- Pan fried in a combination of oil and butter to achieve that additional browning (oil will help keep the butter from burning, also butter adds up a nice flavor).
- Remove the chicken from the pan when it has finished cooking and let it rest for 2 to 3 minutes before carving. Because the fluids are redistributed, you will get a delicious boneless chicken breast.
What Should You Serve with Pan-Fried Chicken Breast?
This dish may be served with Herb Rice, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli, Potato Salad with Bacon, Roasted Tomatoes and Beans, or Fried Rice.
Pan Fried Chicken
This flavorful pan-fried chicken breast dish comes together quickly and easily in only 15 minutes, making it ideal for a family meal.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- Using a paper towel, pat dry the chicken breasts.
- Allow chicken breasts to rest for 30 minutes after seasoning both sides with black pepper, kosher salt, thyme, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, then add butter and stir until melted and bubbling.
- Cook the chicken breasts for approximately 6 to 7 minutes on each side, leaving them alone while they brown.
- Brown the opposite side for a further 6 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the internal temperature reaches just about 165 degrees Fahrenheit. (You may also use a meat thermometer; just make sure you don’t touch a bone while testing the temperature.)
- Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside for 2 to 3 minutes before serving or chopping.
- Serve with roasted broccoli, fried rice, or a simple green salad.
Still famished! Check Out These Other Delectable Chicken Recipes:
So, guys, I hope you like this pan-fried chicken breast recipe that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans seeking for pan-fried chicken tenders with no breading. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
Pan frying chicken breast and thighs is a great way to cook delicious, healthy chicken that will not only be tender and juicy, but also low in fat and calories, making it a healthy dinner idea. Even though pan frying is a healthy cooking method, you’ll need to make sure you’re using the correct type of pan, as well as the correct cooking time. The key is to use a pan that is small enough to fit one breast or thigh at a time and that’s deep enough to hold the chicken.. Read more about pan fried breaded chicken thighs and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Chicken thighs take longer to fry than breast?
Chicken thighs take longer to fry than breast because they are thicker.
How long should you fry chicken thighs?
For best results, you should fry chicken thighs for about 5 minutes on each side.
How long does it take to cook chicken pieces in a frying pan?
It takes about 10 minutes to cook chicken pieces in a frying pan.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- pan fried chicken
- pan fried chicken legs
- pan fried chicken recipe
- pan fried chicken drumsticks
- stove top chicken thighs